Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi,

I started using the Azure Cost Management Connector for Power BI. I could use it without an issue on Power BI desktop and import data in to my report. However, when I published the report, it gives me the following error:

Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

powerbi-error.jpg

But the problem is, I don't have any column named 'budgetAmount' any of my tables. I tried "Edit Credentials" option in the Dataset section of the report in Power BI report. It successfully logs me in but then throws this error. I'm only using the Usage Details from the Azure Cost Management connector.

I have tried clearing my cache and resetting credentials in Power BI desktop app. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been able to look into the issue more deeper with an engineer from Microsoft. This seems to happen when you don't have a budgets created in your Cost Management section in Azure. Until then you can create a test budget and use the Power BI service as usual.

More details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58689603/failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-the-column-bud...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been able to look into the issue more deeper with an engineer from Microsoft. This seems to happen when you don't have a budgets created in your Cost Management section in Azure. Until then you can create a test budget and use the Power BI service as usual.

More details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58689603/failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-the-column-bud...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm cross-posting an issue that has already been published in Power BI forums before.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-The-column-budgetA...

It seems like a bug in the Azure Cost Mangement connector. The connector works fine in Power BI desktop. However, we get the above error when it's been published to the Power BI service. Are you aware of this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue,  it works fine in PBI in Desktop but fails when setting up refresh on the datasets.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can download the pbix file from the report page in Power BI Service, then open in Power BI Desktop to check which visual is broken in Visual pane or which column is created with incorrected syntax in Fields pane, or open the advanced editor and remove any reference to the 'budgetAmount' . Then you can determine if add to the visuals or not.

16.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

Thanks for your reply. I tried everything as you said, I can't find any reference to a 'budgetAmount' column even in the downloaded pbix file. All my visuals are working fine as expected. I could refresh the data while I was in Power BI desktop. However, the problem still persists with the Power BI service.

Hi,

I am getting exactly the same issue - "The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found."

It works fine in PowerBI Desktop - but after publishing - we get this error as described.

Any solution found?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors