cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
sahan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi,

 

I started using the Azure Cost Management Connector for Power BI. I could use it without an issue on Power BI desktop and import data in to my report. However, when I published the report, it gives me the following error:

 

Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

 

powerbi-error.jpg

But the problem is, I don't have any column named 'budgetAmount' any of my tables. I tried "Edit Credentials" option in the Dataset section of the report in Power BI report. It successfully logs me in but then throws this error. I'm only using the Usage Details from the Azure Cost Management connector.

I have tried clearing my cache and resetting credentials in Power BI desktop app. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sahan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

I have been able to look into the issue more deeper with an engineer from Microsoft. This seems to happen when you don't have a budgets created in your Cost Management section in Azure. Until then you can create a test budget and use the Power BI service as usual.

 

More details:

 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58689603/failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-the-column-bud...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi @sahan ,

 

You can download the pbix file from the report page in Power BI Service, then open in Power BI Desktop to check which visual is broken in Visual pane or which column is created with incorrected syntax in Fields pane, or open the advanced editor and remove any reference to the 'budgetAmount' . Then you can determine if add to the visuals or not.

16.png

 

Best Regards,

Amy

 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sahan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi @v-xicai ,

 

Thanks for your reply. I tried everything as you said, I can't find any reference to a 'budgetAmount' column even in the downloaded pbix file. All my visuals are working fine as expected. I could refresh the data while I was in Power BI desktop. However, the problem still persists with the Power BI service.

J-Peasmould New Member
New Member

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi,

 

I am getting exactly the same issue - "The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found."

 

It works fine in PowerBI Desktop - but after publishing - we get this error as described.

 

Any solution found?

sahan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

Hi,

 

I'm cross-posting an issue that has already been published in Power BI forums before.

 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-The-column-budgetA...

 

It seems like a bug in the Azure Cost Mangement connector. The connector works fine in Power BI desktop. However, we get the above error when it's been published to the Power BI service. Are you aware of this issue?

Bpie123 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

I am having the same issue,  it works fine in PBI in Desktop but fails when setting up refresh on the datasets.

sahan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failed to update data source credentials: The column 'budgetAmount' of the table wasn't found.

I have been able to look into the issue more deeper with an engineer from Microsoft. This seems to happen when you don't have a budgets created in your Cost Management section in Azure. Until then you can create a test budget and use the Power BI service as usual.

 

More details:

 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58689603/failed-to-update-data-source-credentials-the-column-bud...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)