Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielntamasi
Frequent Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: Azure DevOps: 500 - Something went wrong!

Hi,

I have a report that worked fine & refreshed on schedule up until 2 days ago (no changes have been made to the report).

It has 2 data sources:

- SharePoint

- AzureDevOps

SharePoint authentication works fine but the ADO (AzureDevOps) connection gives me an error. The refresh works fine in Power BI Desktop but it doesn't refresh anymore in Power BI Service. Has someone encountered this issue before and found a way to resolve it?

This is the message I get in the Power BI Service is an HTML source code that looks like this:

danielntamasi_0-1652967778427.png

If I put the source code into a browser it renders like this:

danielntamasi_1-1652967861116.png

It says:

This operation is not supported for a relative URI.

Failed to update data source credentials: Azure DevOps

500 - Something went wrong!
We've encountered an error and cannot fulfill this request. We will trace the error and get a fix out soon.
5/19/2022 1:05:20 PM (UTC)
bf6a7d47-f5fb-4d5d-a85e-07bd7801fc13

Other notes (not sure if it matters):

- this is in a premium workspace

- I've tried authentication by logging through OAuth & by creating a personal access token as well. Same error message.]

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

got it. Thank you. FYI, our IT department was able to help me with this. They've flushed all my logins (we use Okta SSO). After logging me out of everything, when I logged back in, the issue didn't present itself anymore. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @danielntamasi 

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. (ICM:307200975).
Users using Azure DevOps Server connector may experience issues connecting from desktop and also when refreshing the dataset in the service. It is currently suspected to be a server-side problem. 

ETA for Fix: Monday(23rd) EOD.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

got it. Thank you. FYI, our IT department was able to help me with this. They've flushed all my logins (we use Okta SSO). After logging me out of everything, when I logged back in, the issue didn't present itself anymore. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors