Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

liangshi
Employee
Employee

Failed to refresh datasets: import List.ConformToPageReader matches no exports

We have several reports hit the follwing errors since Nov 10. It shall be introduced by a server side change. The report were not changed.

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: The import List.ConformToPageReader matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error
Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: cbe4a951-b23b-4a14-b58e-a0d5f890a7e5
Request ID: 01ae5afd-d8bd-14ba-09b9-acd08961f701
Time: 2020-11-13 15:33:56Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
liangshi
Employee
Employee

I updated the gateway to latest version. The Powre BI datasets are freshing now.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
iKagechu

This was affecting a few of my reports not all but after I installed the new version of Gateway it fixed the problem.

edhans
Super User
Super User

@karlk - new gateways are relased every month, usually within a week or so of the Power BI Desktop. Lots of under-the-hood fixes I'm sure, but it also keeps the mashup engine on par with Power Query in the Power BI Desktop. There was another breakage this past summer if you used the "Add Index Column" feature in Power BI but your gateway was more than 3 months out of date. Upgrading the gateway fixed it.

I am not advocating you upgrade the day a new gateway is released, but it should be something you do every month. New Power BI Desktop - just make a note in 14 days or so, go get the latest Gateway to ensure you stay up to date.

And FWIW, I saw a tenant go down today as all reports that used the gateway went down over the weekend. Upgrading the gateway to Nov 2020 fixed it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
RodyHarper
Frequent Visitor

We had the issue pop up Late Friday, Nov 20th, and upgrading the gateway today fixed the issue.  Thanks for the tips everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

we had the same error on one report and updating to the november 2020 release 3000.66.4 also fixed our issue.

karlk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problem here.  The issue didn't affect reports that used DirectQuery to connect to a database through the gateway though.

I understand that my gateway was out of date and installing the latest version resolved the issue.  However, I shouldn't have to find out by my refreshes working one day then breaking the next.

Is there a recommendation on how up to date you should keep your gateway, please?  I've read the blogs and there's nothing I can find anything that would indicate refreshes may break unless I'm missing something.

Any pointers would be appreciated as I want to avoid this in the future.

Thanks

Karl

I agree with @karlk ,

There should be a communication channel to inform us ahead that an update is required. I am not the system administrator and will check with them if they received anything of their side, but finding out a Monday morning that reports in production are not refreshed since Saturday is to say the least, annoying. 😉

Upgrading the On-Premise Data Gateway fixed the issue for me. 

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

same here updated from Aug 2020 to Nov 2020 gateway fixed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, starting November 20, 2020.

FDG

Updating to the latest version of the gateway solved the problem. 👍

Moving forward is this liable to happen again i.e. forcing a gateway update? Automatic update? 🤔

wilma
Frequent Visitor

Got the error this morning on a few of my reports. Installed new version of Gateway and this fixed the problem.

Steinar_

The gateway installed on a server should update itself automaticly when needed. I have the same problem.

pelenika
Frequent Visitor

Only today I get the same error. Hope updating gateway will solve this problem 🙏

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the gateway and it prompted me to log in (which was odd) and then I updated it, everything is working now. 

mlucking
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had a number of reports fail this morning.  We were running the August version Gateway, just updated to November and it looks like I'm now able to refresh again.

liangshi
Employee
Employee

I updated the gateway to latest version. The Powre BI datasets are freshing now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were having the same error this morning.

We were running December 2019 gateway, updated to November 2020 and reports are now refreshing correctly.

purduepete368
Employee
Employee

This *might* be Gateway related.  Our Gateway was updated on Friday, and I'm now able to refresh without the above error.

weeteckt
Employee
Employee

We have the same issue affecting several reports. Have you been able to resolve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors