Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulien1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Failed to refresh data - absolutely no idea why

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help. In the service, I'm getting this error when trying to refresh my dataset:

(It's in Dutch, but it says 'last attempt to refresh failed')

Laatste poging voor vernieuwen is mislukt: Fri Mar 02 2018 21:07:34 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time) 
Details verbergen

URI cluster:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activiteits-id:bc62d932-7f58-4aab-a006-a5e91b3bc275
Aanvraag-id:b7be6dec-a80f-5264-ec85-d733a61fd8b4
Tijd:2018-03-02 20:07:34Z

Strange thing is, when I manually publish the reports to the service, it does upload the latest version. So refreshing the data in Desktop works fine, but the automatic refresh in the service continues to fail.

There's no Gateway installed - it's not needed because we connect to Cloud based sources directly. All credentials are valid.

Does anyone have a solution?

10 REPLIES 10
augustindelaf
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Paulien1989

I had the same problem with Excel files hosted on SharePoint : successful refresh on the Desktop, invalid refresh on the Power BI service.

-My connection was tagged as a Web connexion, and it has to be tagged a SharePoint connexion in Power BI Desktop.

What is your data source?

Best regards,

Augustin

Hi @augustindelaf

We're connecting to Salesforce, Google Analytics and Sharepoint.

But I'm experiencing failed refreshes with other clients too, they don't use the Sharepoint (they do use Salesforce and Google Analytics).

I did notice that in the Desktop I have to re-enter my Google Analytics credentials regularly lately, that wasn't the case before. Might be related to this case? Who knows......

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, is there any sources connecting anywhere else?

Also if you go into the Settings in your App Workspace, then click on Datasets, where you configured the refresh schedule, there should be an option to click on Refresh History, which might give more details.

It could be possible that a password has changed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Refresh failure is still continuous.....

I think it might have to do with the credentials. I noticed that since a few weeks, Power BI Desktop regularly tells me that my credentials are invalid and that I have to update them. This happens mostly with Google Analytics, but sometimes Salesforce, too.

It happened a few times now that the refresh failed in the Service and that there was an error in a table from Google Analytics. But when I refresh the data in de Desktop there's no error, just invalid credentials. 

I don't understand why it keeps throwing out my credentials instead of just remembering them. It wasnt like this before.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My customers (and myself) are becoming quite annoyed.

Exactly the same issue here. I am using ONLY Google Analytics
pbi-error.png

Try again in a few hours, it may work.

Don't forget to check power bi status;

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/support/

br,

Augustin

"Customers who attempt to create a new query or edit their credentials for Google Analytics data sources may get an authentication error when entering their Google account information. In addition, some customers may get authentication errors when refreshing datasets that access Google Analytics data. Engineers are working on the fix to mitigate the issue.Next Update:03/15/2018 2:00 PM PST."

Capture.PNG

@augustindelaf Thanks for the details! Where did you find this? I'd like to keep up to date.

I'm almost sure now that there's connection problems with sqlazurelabs.com, to which you actually connect in the Desktop when using the Google Analytics connector. Updating the GA credentials in the Service makes no differences, but doing so in the Desktop does. When I do that, I can publish the reports and it refreshes. Until the next moment it tries to refresh, of course... then it fails again.

@Paulien1989 you are welcome !

found this on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/support/

Best regards

Thanks for the details, I was wondering why my refresh was failing!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors