Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cuongle
Advocate II
Advocate II

Failed to publish pbix file (over 1G) with azure dedicated node A1

I was trying to publish PBIX file which is over 1G from Power BI Desktop to premium workspace which has Azure dedicated node A1 and I got exception. 

Capture.PNG

Is there anyone know what problem is?

9 REPLIES 9
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

We have 1GB limitation on .pbix file , You can only publish .pbix under 1GB.More then 1GB file we can't publish to power bi service.

Regards,

Bajee.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cuongle,

Currently, the data set of a single pbix file you are going to publish to wprkspace must be smaller than 1 GB. Both standard worksapce and premiun workspace have this limitation.  But microsoft are planning to remove that limitation for premium. Users will be able to build models as large as the Power BI Premium dedicated capacity memory can hold. 

For more details, please read this whitepaper: https://aka.ms/pbipremiumwhitepaper

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft and @bajee

Do you know when Microsoft is going to remove this limitation?

@cuongle

We are also waiting for that

Regards,

Bajee.

We saw this article which the author mention that Microsoft claimed that the Power BI Premium dataset proccessing limit was increased to 10G. I knows this is not official article but it made me confused a little bit.

http://www.eweek.com/enterprise-apps/microsoft-raises-power-bi-premium-dataset-processing-limit-to-1...

@cuongle

Just gone thorugh the blog which you had shared, I'm also not sure about that.

if they increased to 10G that will helpfull for us right?

Regards,

Bajee.

From this document, it has been supported

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-large-datasets

I have tried with A2 instances and still got the same error

Hi @cuongle,

From the link you provided, to publish "Large models on your capacity; we recommend at least a P1 SKU for any models larger than 1 GB.", do you set your premium to meet this requirement?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

I use Power BI Embedded and set dedicated node is A2 (similar to P2 I believe), but it's not working as well

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors