Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Loïc_Bell
Frequent Visitor

Failed to publish Excel workbook - dataset greyed out

Hello

I tried to replace a dataset (based on an excel workbook) but the import failed. Now my dataset is greyed out and I cannot refresh it. That is very upsetting. Moreover, when I try to upload another excel file, it also fails. I am completely stuck.

Here are the details of the error:

Failed to publish Excel workbook
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDab148b9a-372a-41e0-a767-4840b8e1e367
Request ID1cc3959f-f9ce-af0f-950b-6d7deb52e6b3
Correlation ID9dd25b6a-88da-3766-b02f-475b9644398b
Status code400
TimeThu Jan 12 2017 15:38:26 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)
Version13.0.1700.899

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi.

Thanks for your answer. I have seen the support's message. Seems to me that I'll have to wait at least three days. Meanwhile, clients are waiting their reports... That's pretty embarassing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Loïc_Bell,

It seems like a known issue, you can take a look at power bi support:

We are experiencing an issue that is impacting refresh for users with tables that combine data from an OAuth data source with one or more other data sources. A small number of customers may see credential errors when refreshing datasets or configuring credentials. We are now in the process of deploying the fix to all regions. Next update 1/16/2017 10:00 PST.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi.

Thanks for your answer. I have seen the support's message. Seems to me that I'll have to wait at least three days. Meanwhile, clients are waiting their reports... That's pretty embarassing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors