Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CLAREWT

Failed to create gateway.

Hello!

All my data refresh failed today so I checked the gateway, it says it is configured correctly but the gateway is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems. So I followed some of the advice from the forum and unistalled the gateway and intalled the newest version. But then I can't retrieve it using the recovery key. 

I tried to create a new gateway, but it is having the same error:

Failed to create gateway. Please try again.
Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request)
Request Id: 15f3c513-15c6-4b43-be36-c9ea95b14b4e
Timestamp: 2/24/2022 12:49:35 AM +00:00
ErrorCode: PowerBIEntityFrameworkOperationException

at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<CreateOrReplaceUnifiedGatewayAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

I found a post having similar issue but it doesn't have a solution.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Failed-to-create-gateway/m-p/822515

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CLAREWT ,

According to the official article,this error could be due to proxy configuration issues. The gateway log provides additional details for troubleshooting. For more information, see Configure proxy settings for the on-premises data gateway.

vluwangmsft_0-1646721779823.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maygz
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue and there is no proxy. We had a gateway perfectly working but we just went to upgrade it and now we cannot make it work and our production is down

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CLAREWT ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CLAREWT ,

According to the official article,this error could be due to proxy configuration issues. The gateway log provides additional details for troubleshooting. For more information, see Configure proxy settings for the on-premises data gateway.

vluwangmsft_0-1646721779823.png

Best Regards

Lucien

edhans
Super User
Super User

Do you have the correct ports open? Adjust communication settings for the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

Do you have permissions to create a gateway? It has to be grandted by the Power Platform admin, not the Power BI Admin, in the Power Platform adminstration center.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps? Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If all else fails, contact MS Support. It may be a particular issue and they can get your logs and help you trouble shoot.  Support | Microsoft Power BI

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors