Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pdas

Failed to connect to the server Reason:- Invalid value for the key : Integrated security

Power BI web app

cannot refresh data from excel (onedrive) to BI dataset or vice versa.  Please assist. 

2 REPLIES 2
pdas

No, it is not imported as  .pbix file.  Since I am using powerBI web and not desktop , I do not work with the .pbix file.

I setup connection to one drive - business and iported dataset.  As per documentation Get data from files for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs , updating file in one drive automatically should update the data every hour " Because both Power BI and OneDrive are in the cloud, Power BI connects to your file on OneDrive about every hour."  However, this is not happening after initial dataset load.  Triggering manual sync is also not refreshing data and there is no error message.

Similar is the case if the source of import of the dataset is sharepoint site.  

So for  both sources onedrive and sharepoint ...the sync/refresh either manual or automatic fails .  I cannot refresh data after first import to dataset

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pdas 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Where did you perform the refresh? If the data in excel is imported in .pbix file, you can add the corresponding data source on the service, then set the data source for the dataset, and then click refresh dataset on the Service to refresh the data in excel to the dataset.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors