Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edhans
Super User
Super User

Failed to Update Parameter Values

Has anyone run across this: "Failed to update parameter values" 

Something went wrong
Failed to update parameters values.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDf1e0fe8f-0673-4624-a1a1-a09ddce49e01
Request ID6910588f-5538-1c55-8a69-2fa95eb77c72
Correlation IDeee1c2fe-bc92-747d-cd1e-9f93d4ab4e53
Status code400
TimeSun Apr 29 2018 07:23:52 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5093.172
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I am just trying to update my Server parameter from  local database (my PC) to the database the Gateway can access.

I've reuploaded my report, and I've uploaded it as a version 2 report. Neither works. There is nothing wrong with my gateway. Other reports are running just fine, and this one was until 2 days ago.

We are on the March 2018 Gateway if that matters. I don't think it does as I cannot even change the server via the parameter box to select a gateway. This is using the April 2018 PBI Desktop app.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
9 REPLIES 9
kbhatt_bioc

We have the same error coming up consistently for us with the API and in the Power BI portal (app.powerbi.com), after the recent release of Power BI desktop for August/September 2018. The reports were working fine with this API before that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone be able to resolve this issue? I cannot find a way arround this bug.

Hi there

Can you please confirm that you have got the latest version of Power BI Desktop and the Power BI On-Premise Gateway?

Further to that, can you ensure that your parameter data types are NOT set to ANY. They should be set to the data type which they represent.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ,

i have the latest release of Power BI /December 2018) and I have the latest release of the Gateway (December 2018).

I tried to pass numeric of text parameters. All of them result in the same error message.

regards

Hi there

Are you able to try again now?

Also does it happen on every report with parameters?

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

Could you try and install the April version of the Power BI On-Premise Gateway?

I am thinking possibly there is a change in your PBIX file that is using the April version of the Mashup Engine.

Power BI Blog

All nodes of our gateway cluster are now on the April 2018 release, but the same error comes up when I try to set the parameters. Any ideas?

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Any update on this? Got the same error

I'll have to try that later this week. That doesn't make sense it would be the case though as I published this report 3-4 weeks ago, and it might have been with the March desktop to boot. It was working fine and just stopped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors