Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

coler

Failed to Import Data

Failed to import data
Do you want to delete the dataset and report?
Activity Id520a9703-d195-47bc-ba69-948cff87e9a3
Request Id7ff90775-83b5-0c90-73e8-9fa68aa1e1c5
Status Code200
TimeTue Oct 20 2015 11:36:06 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version11.0.9168.427
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

We are trying to connect on the Microsoft Dynamics Nav service from the Power Bi website.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it at all possible to use the content pack with NAV 2015?

I'm getting the Code400 error after configuring Account Schedule KPI Web Service.

However, I have read here that I have to make sure that the following tables exist:

• ItemSalesAndProfit
  • ItemSalesByCustomer
  • powerbifinance
  • SalesDashboard
  • SalesOpportunities
  • SalesOrdersBySalesPerson
  • TopCustomerOverview

In the default NAV 2015 configuration those tables do not exist, so does that mean they have to be added manually or is there a workaround?

Thanks.

In case still a question these are not NAV tables - they are the names for the of the published NAV Query as web services

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any documentation on how those queries were written in NAV 2016?

Maybe more importantly, will the content pack function, if I clone the queries in NAV 2015?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been experiencing this issue on 2016 since Microsoft announced the NAV Content Pack (Proof of Concept). It's been a frustrating experience as even though we are a MS Partner I can't seem to get anyone there to help me troubleshoot his issue. Not to mention the missing financial data in the GB demo version! However, It does work with 2015 very well, albeit missing financial data... JUst ensure you rename the Web Service name to powerbifinance in the Account Schedule KPI Web service setup. Ensure the BALANCESHEET Account Schedule is added here too. Then test your Odata url in IE. Hopefully all good and then you can use the NAV Content Service pack to import the dataset, reports and dashboard.

Worked for me on 2015, not on 2016 as the following error shows:

We couldn't import data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Make sure you're entering the information correctly.

Activity IDaa6be9ca-e05e-bbce-a07d-86dc96486607

Request ID5553218d-9ca9-4850-a22c-ef604bcc2069

Status code400

TimeWed Jan 27 2016 11:31:29 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Version13.0.800.330

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

mattvardy

I have been following these posts on Power BI as I have had the same issue myself. First I could not get past the authentication stage with https and my self-signed certificate so I disabled SSL.

Next I get to the Data Upload stage but the process crashes after 10 seconds. After lots of troubleshooting I found that the powerbifinance web service used by the content pack errors for some localised versions. GB (it errors) because there are no Accounting Period as the UK uses a localisation. I try again, it crashes after 30 seconds. I try all of the Microsoft published web services and find that page 1304 fails, it is failing as an ODATA service because there is a dialog onQueryClose().

I commented out that code. I run my Content Pack test again. After maybe 1 minute - Success. So all webservices must provide an ODATA result.

Matt Vardy 

Hi Matt,

Nice to see your post here.

Can you please elaborate which code did you comment ?

Regards - Bhaskar

Hi Matt,

Nice to see your post here.

Can you please elaborate which code you commented out ?

Regards - Bhaskar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this would be much appreciated. Microsoft PowerBI support have talked me through disabling the SLL and switching to Http on my NAV demo but when accessing the Nav Content Pack it fails on the data import. The following error appears after around 10-15 seconds of 'LOADING'...

"We couldn't import data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Activity Id644142fc-9536-97e6-c684-ecc4a4b41fd4

Request Ide4c6f3a2-ec66-0cd5-769f-b1b4dbd4f715

Status Code400

TimeThu Nov 05 2015 11:50:58 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Version11.0.9168.601

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net"

With PowerBI I always feel so close, yet so far... 

yes sure would be nice to know why it isn't working. 

2016 CU1 same issue. ODATA works fine via https on any other external connection.

Error:

Activity Id3af0e2ec-8933-6b33-eab6-75ddb27c9728
Request Id6ab3c21d-592e-3ec3-c460-38862cbee6be
Status Code400
TimeWed Nov 11 2015 16:16:48 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version11.0.9168.604

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use the smiley icon in the upper right to send an incident and screen shot to support.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks. I started there first and then thought I'd post here to see if anyone had already had this issue. Has anyone actually gotten this to work with NAV 2016?

we have tried and tried and tried.  Using Azure VM with MS Demo DB, followed every post known to man!  Turned off SSL for OData, setup basic auth user, still 200 error.  I dont understand why MS would release a content pack that is virtually impossible to setup!

Tanyad thanks for the reply. We get as far as it gets connected to the odata site and begins to download (we see the dashboard) but then it errors out at some point in the data download. I've got a support ticket created and once (if) there is a resolution I'll post it here.  

Same issue on my test, with the same setup (demo environment NAV 2016 on azure, set up SSL to NO)

I also created a support ticket!: SR number 115102013285452.

Hope we will get help soon...

Hi

After hours trying to connect to the demo I finally got it working.

This is my scenario:

Azure VM NAV 2016 demo environment

Nav Instance with Certificate Thumbprint and NavUserPassword authentification.

SSL disabled on Odata.

The trick here is that, even Power BI says it's mandatory to use https, it only will work with http after disabling SSL on OData...

Hope this works for you too.

Regards

Sergio

Hello,

Same problem here, even after SSL disabled in ODATA and using HTTP...it is connecting but error while downloding...

Status Code 200

Any help?

Thanks.

Amr.

Did somebody get an answer from Mircosoft about this issue?

Still doesn't work with my demo environment... 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors