Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leeplus

Failed from export report to PDF

My report has 18 pages in it

Trying to export report to PDF in the PowerBI service, it failed and showed message below

------------------------------

Unable to export to PDF
We couldn't export your report to a PDF file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 9ec6870c-66c0-4799-9d57-554902bfbb5f
Request ID: 1078cf08-944c-2e7a-c23b-10286cd932a3
Correlation ID: f0d52c05-bfaa-8d04-5f3a-b2b1b9b95756
Status code: 0
Time: Mon Feb 24 2020 14:37:33 GMT+0900 (한국 표준시)
Service version: 13.0.12439.190
Client version: 2002.3.018
Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding my situation. my report worked well in January 

From Feb, exporting failed.

report have 16pages can be exported

but report have 19 pages failed.

7 REPLIES 7
annagilbert
Regular Visitor

I've had this problem myself today and it was due to the layout of my report (some elements being outside the set page size). This might not be what's causing the problem for everyone, but sharing my solution in case it helps.

1. Go to the published app version of the dashboard and try exporting each page individually (there is a checkbox to do this). This should identify which page(s) is causing the problem as the export will fail on one/some pages but not all.

2. When you have identified the problematic page(s), go into Power BI desktop and open the relevant page. Make a note of the page size. Then change the page size to much bigger than that, and in the view settings, change it to 'fit to page'. This should hopefully uncover some rogue items outside of your previous page size. Delete them if they are not wanted, or move them to a suitable place within the original page size. When there are no items outside of the original page size, change the page size back to what it was before and change the view to 'fit to width'.

3. Save and republish the report, then go to your workspace and update the app.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@leeplus 

Can you please check the seetings in Admin Portal.

Path:- Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com) >> Settings >> Admin Portal >> Tenant Settings >> Export and Sharing Settings >> Export Data (Enabled)

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

Adding my situation. my report worked well in January 

From Feb, exporting failed.

report have 16pages can be exported

but report have 19 pages failed.

HI @leeplus,

Did this issue appear on all reports or specific report? (e..g report with specific content or data source, report with a lot of report pages)

You can also contact to power bi team to confirm if they have limited the export page amount between feature update.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Issue appear on all reports having more than 17pages not depending on it's contents

Hi @leeplus,

I test with 18 pages report and export to pdf works(it processing very slowly), can you please share a sample pbix file to test or try again to confirm if power bi team fix this issue already?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leeplus,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the official document and limitations list to confirm if your scenario meets for these limits:

Export reports from Power BI to PDF#limitations-and-considerations 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors