Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akinbimb
Regular Visitor

Failed Scheduled Refresh - Credentials are required to connect to the Python source.

Hello! I'm new to PowerBI and I installed a personal gateway in order to refresh csv files on onedrive. The csvs get data from an api (https://api.xyz.API-KEY=xyz&start_date=2018-08-08). I can refresh on demand, but when I want to do scheduled refreshes, I receive an error:

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: [DAILY] UK Promos [RESFRESH].
Underlying error message:Credentials are required to connect to the Python source. (Source at Python.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:Python
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:Python
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:CredentialMissing
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"Python","path":"Python"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:CredentialMissing
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:8eec04da-d7bc-447c-b4b5-e93ae10adee0
Request ID:411af470-a388-4b7f-9832-7fb0c08fe3ee
Time:2018-08-16 13:34:29Z

I use python to clean the data (under the "Run Python Script" button in the "Transform" ribbon), but I'm not sure:

1. what that has to do with schedule refreshes
  2. where I'd put my credentials
  3. what my credentials would be

Also, the gateway connection shows a green check next to the personal gateway and there are no errors with the data source credentials.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
InstantNemesis

Any resolution to this topic.  I am having the same issue.  The scheduled refresh fails on the python script via DMG.

Hi @InstantNemesis, what wlewicki said is true -- PBI Engineering + Support team responded to me via Email and Skype ultimately saying that Python is not supported on PBI Server.

My bad @wlewicki for not seeing your previous post!!

InstantNemesis, I have received a contact from Microsoft support saying that Python is Preview Feature so far.

Which means that it doesn't work so far on Power BI services!

Maybe next version... let's see!

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akinbimb

Do you directly connect to CSV file in Power BI Service and then configure OneDrive refresh or you firstly connect to CSV file from Power BI Desktop and then publish Power BI Desktop file to Service?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

When I received these errors I was connecting to the CSV file from Power BI Desktop and then pulishing the .pbix file to Service.

I've also tried directly connecting to file #1 in Power BI Service, and OneDrive refresh is turned on. File #1 is listed under "datasets".

File #2 is listed under "Workbooks" and file #2 says "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh.

Discover Data Sources"(connecting directly to the files from PBI Service was suggested by this conversation).

Both file #1 and file #2 are excel csv worksheets on OneDrive that have a data connection to an API. The data returned from the API is refreshed weekly. What is the best way to keep the data in Power BI Service up-to-date? If the files are on OneDrive, can these files automatically refresh and get data from the API? Or would a macro have to be created for that? (I don't plan to ever open the csv files).Also, do you know where I would put python credentials?

Note that there is currently some issues with the service: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

This could be causing your problem.

I'm still receiving an error, despite the fact that the Power BI Service outage has passed. When I try to load the report in a different way, I receive this error: 

Message:The import Python.Execute matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference? 

This issue has not been resolved.

Hi akinbimb,

I am facing exactly the same issue. When refreshing the data on PBI desktop everything is ok. However, when I publish to Power BI Service the refresh fails with the message: The import Python.Execute matches no exports.

Did you manage to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors