Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rexeubank

Failed Refresh - "Transient Issue/Column Does Not Exist in Rowset"

Hello,

I'm having an issue with not only scheduled refreshes but also on-demand refreshes through PowerBI online. 

First, my data is uploaded via Microsoft Power Automate to a Sharepoint folder. It's uploaded in Excel format and is refreshed every morning. After automatically uploading the data into the Sharepoint folder, PowerBI is scheduled to refresh. Unfortunately, I keep getting an error that '[xxxx] column does not exist in the rowset.' When every day, that column IS in the rowset (it's the same columns that are exported every day, the same one I built the report off of). The error message is specific to this exact same column almost every day, and the column isn't used in any measures/columns, nor is it edited whatsoever (I would remove it if I could). I've edited the query to even try and get around having this question appear in the query at all, which doesn't work. The only thing that works is if I open the Excel sheet in Sharepoint and make an edit, erase the edit, then save over the original uploaded file. After I non-edit the file (I think it is recognizing it after I save the file, even though no edits are actually made), the refresh will work. I would like to get this report to be automatic, where I don't have to go and save over the Excel data sources every day.

Screenshots below:

Error message:

234235.PNG

12ture.PNG

The column, which is in the data source every day, character for character, yet PowerBI still doesn't recognize it:

Cap555e.PNG

I'm thinking the issue lies with using SharePoint to house all my data, but I don't see why unless there's a bug that I'm unaware of.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you confirm you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

Also what happens if you open the PBIX and refresh it manually at around the same time, does an error occur?

What might also happen is that once the file is updated in SharePoint give it a minute or two before refreshing the Power BI Dataset. I know you can add in a wait time in Power Automate.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors