Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Failed Refresh Details are not showing (blank)

I'm having a problem seeing the details of a refresh when it fails. 

I can usually figure out why it fails but only if I can see the details.  Normally, when I click on Show under the Details column of the Refresh History screen I can see the reason (bad or missing column, dataset, etc.), but lately, when I click on Show all I get is a blank line with no info.

I've tried different browsers, clearing my cache, and some other things, but I'm still not able to see the details.

I'm the admin for all the dashboards in question, so I don't think it's a rights issue.

Capture15.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this issue now but notice that it is no longer mentioned on the support page. Is MS still working on this?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roseventura ,

I'd like to suggest you share gateway log to help us clarify this issue.

Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I have the exact same issue since one week. I opened a ticket yesterday to support. Will let you know when they answer me ..

Olivier

Pardon my naivete, but how would seeing the logs on the Gateway server address a problem that's on the Service side?

Up until just recently (2 weeks maybe?), anytime you click on Show, the line below would display the error.  Now it's just a blank space.

I think this is a bug on the Service side, but I could be wrong.  What are you looking for in the logs?

Rose

Hi @Roseventura ,

Yes, this issue is already list on support page, you can take a look at support page to know more about this:

The detailed error information for a failed refresh will not show on the Refresh History page or via the API. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed to all regions by end-of-day 3/15/19.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors