Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marrafeiro
Helper I
Helper I

Fail creating gateway. try again

Hi all,

I have 2 powerbi accounts, one is student another is enterprise. I want install the gateway in Windows Server 2016 with my enterprise account, but the problem is when i'm creating the gateway it shows an error "Failed creating the gateway. Try again". 

If i try to do it with my student account and it create the gateway, and if i use the enterprise account in my personal computer with Windows 10 I create with sucess the gateway. In Windows Server i already disabled the firewall and opened all the ports, e already tryed change the region and nothing. 

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning @Marrafeiro,

I suggest that you logout from both your student & enterprise accounts. Then open an Incognito window in your browser on your Window Server, then go to <Manage Gateway> and if the previous Gateway was installed, remove it and re-install. Check out this thread

Hope this help!

Regards,

Peter

I already did it and still can't create the gateway.

In my personal computer i can create the gateway without any problem.

So in resume:

2 accounts:

1 Student account

1 Enterprise account

1 Computer with windows Server 2016

I can create a gateway with student account but not with the enterprise one

1 Personal Computer with Windows 10

I can create a gateway with both accounts

Plz i really need it works :S

Thank you all

I already solved the problem and i will tell here what was happening, maybe can help someone else.

I saw the only diference beside the accounts be student and enterprise, was my student account was in the region West Europe and the enterprise account was in North Europe. So, i start digging and seeing where was my student server from powerbi and wish server was for my enterprise account. And i found the problem.

My student account was saved in irland and my enterprise account was saved in Netherlands. My company have a external firewall in the servers. What was happening was the firewall was blocking the IP from Netherlands but not the IP from Irland.

So i solved the problem, seeing from the firewall wish IP was my enterprise account was trying to ping and then i unblock it in the firewall.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Marrafeiro, as I understand from you question you are not able to install the on-premises gateway on a server environment?

Please make sure you have read the Requirements and related considerations.

For example, it has to be a 64-bit system and cannot be a Server Core installation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi,

I can install the on-premises, it stucks after that. You can see in this image:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkEralpvnnk_g0fc6xdrDTnHmlRl?e=80lGe7 

Hi @Marrafeiro

Have you already logged in one account of on-premise gateway in your computer?If so ,you have to log out first,each computer can only log in one account.Then use the recovery key to log in the account you need.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors