cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Extraction of decimal values

Hello everyone,

I am asking for your help regarding the data extractions that can be done when using Power BI services. The table below represents the turnover of my company in k€ :

image.png

I would like to make extractions in Excel or CSV format. For visualization purposes, the report published in Power BI services does not display decimals. On the other hand, when you look at the "Total" column you can see that the decimals are well taken into account in the calculation (and fortunately) since when I do the extraction I get slightly different results:

image.png

So I need in my extraction to have a detail in decimals per month. So I would like to know if it would be possible to also extract the decimals when doing the extractions?
I also take this opportunity to ask if it is possible to extract the data in the same format as the starting source, like this for the example of my table above :

image.png

And not like this:

image.png

Thank you in advance,

Joël

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@joel42560,

Please check if the solution in this link can help you, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Issue-when-extracting-decimal-value-from-a-table-in-csv/m-p... 

if not, please let me know.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-caitlyn-mstf 

Thank you for taking time for my problem but this is not the solution I want because when I change the number of decimal places in the formatting of my measurement, it also changes its formatting in my report and I want the formatting to remain as an integer in my report. It is only for my exports that I wish to have the details with the decimals.

image.png

Thank you in advance,

Joël

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors