Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

njose
Employee
Employee

Extract error from PDF

Hi, I'm getting an error extracting from PDF during refresh.  

It was working couple of days ago (prior to May/2 ), not until I've began recieving mails notifying refresh failures.

The refresh works in PowerBI Desktop with no issue.

The pdf is located in SharePoint, not sure if that has something to do with it though.

///// Error text ////

Something went wrong There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Data source error: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: BuiltInProactive. Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID: e4cbbc51-3ae2-48c5-987d-847e431e4a62 Request ID: 26f41f78-592b-4710-9e6d-5cd5699b3534 Time: 2019-05-03 15:41:04Z

//// End of Error text ////

- Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @njose 

It seems a known awareness here. Please wait for the fix.If it is not your case,you could try to open a support ticket.Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I got the same error.  Extract PDf, works in desktop, fails trying to refresh.

'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.19.0.0

Hi, PDF import is working for me via the gateway but not from a blob

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ProgramSynthesis.Extraction.Pdf, Version=6.19.0.0

Are you getting the PDF from an email attachment?  I am connecting to exchange and getting the PDF attachment then it loads into Power BI desktop without error.  Then when refresheing from service I get the error, not sure if there is anything I can do to change gateway and blob?

I am not allowed to connect to Exchange through a gateway.

Ref this Issue (link below), I've just heard from Microsoft Support that the developers forgot to release the support for this scenario (as was promised back in April 2019):

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Support-for-Cloud-based-PDF-files-without-requiring-an-On/id...

Proposed workaround was via a Gateway ...

Thanks for the follow up.  I have a ticket open.  The last thing we tried was using a personal gateway, but I got the same error.  I sent the gateway logs and I am awaiting a follow up.  I will let the post know what the resolution is.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi,

Update the connection feature to Exchange Online isn't working.  Using a connection to Exchange Online to access PDF attachments is not a working feature when trying to refresh in the service.  It works fine in desktop app.  The feature is not being fixed to work at this time.  Per the Power BI product group:

"

Unfortunately as of now there is no possibility to connect with the pdf files which are used from cloud based data sources.

However, We would like you to post your Idea in our Power BI Idea forum, where our PG team keeps a track of all the requests made by the users and there is a possibility for highest voted idea would be implemented in near future.

"

I am not sure why a released feature needs to be "up voted" to be fixed.

Thanks

Ref that separate issue, it seem this has been silently fixed?  Interested in anyone else's results.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Support-for-Cloud-based-PDF-files-without-requiring-an-On/id...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors