Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

External sharing edit guest users

I have Poer BI admin permission in my tenant, but I'm not global admin. Do I need to always ask to my global admin to add external users to whom I want to share reports as guests in advance. Is there a way to add directly their account in the report sharing options?

I'm getting back an error when I try to input an account in the sharing pane not if it's not yet mapped as guest.

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@AGo wrote:

I'm getting back an error when I try to input an account in the sharing pane not if it's not yet mapped as

That sounds like you need to address some setting in the power bi admin portal.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1655156706426.png

To make things easier, both above options must be enabled. You dont need global admin if both are enabled.
Use security group to govern the use of the externel users invite.

I confirm both options are enabled to the entire organization and I still have the error message.

Sounds like your Global Admin probably has enabled a global setting (this takes precedence over Power BI tenant settings) when it comes to adding Guest users into your tenant (external users).

In this case, yes you have to contact your Active Directory admin to add the external users to the guest AD before you can share reports to them.

Your AD admin will send an invite to your guest, and they have to accept before you can share reports to them. If they dont accept the invite, they will not be added to the guest AD and you can share the reports out.

That's exactly how it's working, do you know where and what is this specific global setting in his pane?

Thanks

This settings are enabled too, but still having the error unfortunately.

Is the error in inviting a users? or the users has been added, but it is not poppin up in the sharing pane?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors