Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MassimoC
Regular Visitor

External access + favourites

Hi all,

I shared a dashboard outside my organization and our business partners can successfully access to it.

If the external user clicks on the "Favorite" button on the top right corner in the PowerBI web app he got a "something went wrong" error with generic details like "Cannot add to favourites, try it later".

End of the story, the shared dashboard is not listed in the left navigation panel (Favorites, Featured dashboard or Dashboards) so the user has to open the dashboard from the email or using the browser favorites.

How an external user can easily access to a shared dashboard?

Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dashboards shared outside organisation won't appear in left hand menu. That is by design. Best way is to create bookmark to the link users would have received in email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dashboards shared outside organisation won't appear in left hand menu. That is by design. Best way is to create bookmark to the link users would have received in email.

Thanks for your answer.

That's a workaround. I hope it will be possible to add the dashboard to the favorites and, in the meanwhile, return a better error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors