Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Azunai
Frequent Visitor

Extended Pro Trial - no notification

Dear all,

Accodring to this article, I and my collegues are eligible for power bi extended pro trials (if I understand requirements correctly) because our accounts were registered before May 2, 2017 and were active between May 3, 2016 and May 2, 2017. But we didn't get the notification and could only get 60-days pro trial.  How can we activate our extended pro trials? And can we even activate them?

Thank you in advance!

20 REPLIES 20
missiecyclone
Frequent Visitor

I too am having this using with at least two users.

Hi ALL,

Please refer to this thread.

Best Regards,
Angelia

zoka

Hi Angelia,

I am experiencing same issue with a user choigek.seew (at) therefore.net. Can you please check?

Thanks!

missiecyclone
Frequent Visitor

I, too, am experiencing this issues. Some of my users have extended licenses and some have 60 days licenses which are now expiring. Any resolution?

swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Update* - I've noticed that members in my tenant have started to receive the 12 month trial activiation link.  This started to happen in mass on Friday July 14th.  It appears the roll-out has just taken a long time but ultimately the activation links are being delivered.  

AMSWETT
Frequent Visitor

We are still experiencing this issue. I thought perhaps it was delayed since co-workers were not getting the annoucement in early June but now many of them who have been using PowerBI since last year are not getting the 12 mo trial option - only the 60 day. 

Has anyone been able to resolve this? 

This has quite upended our expectations.  We are still working out all sorts of process changes, license purchase and impacts, etc. based on the changes but felt we had some time to work this out. Now it appears we only have 60 days, actually less.

How to contact MSFT about this for resolution???

I am also facing the same issue as no notification is coming to extend the trial.

Account ID :- akash.jain@nihilentanalytics.com

I have the same issue in my organisation and would be happy to know if a solution was found.

Thanks

data4thewin
Frequent Visitor

Same issue within our organization, some users have the message and others do not.  I have a Pro license and I received the notification to extend the trial...not needed for myself....

Fitin1rb
Helper III
Helper III

The same exact thing has happened to my team.  We are considering Power BI Premium, but we need a transition period.  We never received the notifications for the extended trial and it has caused some major concerns from our Leadershp team in pursuing the use of Power BI.

PLEASE HELP!!

jheesterbeek
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here

Only one collegue could expend the trial for 1 year

All others I have seen and spoken are eligible to extended pro trial, but do not receive the message nor can extend in any other way

What can I do to support people in my organisation?

John

swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Same here... I expected to receive the notification on June 1st, but I instead received it on Saturday June 3rd.  Other eligible users in my organization have not received the pop-up at all.  

It is unclear why all notifications were not received on the same day and when all eligible users should expect to receive it by.  This is causuing confusion as many users think they are not eligible when they are and they are losing access to shared dashboards.  

Same here, we have a lot of cases where the users had a free licences and hve not been offered the extenstion. This is critical for us. Please help

Hi @mahimabedi@Azunai@swise001@MrBenn,

Please share your Power BI accounts, We can send the accounts to related team to have a check on them.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my pro- trial is ending in two days. I have contacted my office admin to fix a power BI license for me, which they eventually will, hopefully within this week. 

I have 2 days left in the pro- trial, may I please get a week worth of extension to make sure I can keep using Power BI Uninterrupted.

Best Regards,

Hi Angelia,

Can you please check this Power BI account, Joanne_Iscala@wvi.org? 

Unfortunately her 60day trial has expired, and no notification on activating 12month Pro Trial. 

Can you help us?

Thanks!

Exact same thing happened for our organization. Some of us got an extension and some did not. We really need the licenses for our end users and for the leadership to be assured that Power BI is the correct tool for us and it is worth investing in Premium licenses.Please help

Exact same thing has happened for our organization. Some of us got an extension and others did not. We really need the licenses for the users to get the leadership to be assured that Power BI is a tool suitable for the needs of our organization and invest in Premium licenses

Thank you - I have sent you some examples and our domain via private message.  Please could you let me know a rough idea of when this might be rectified?  It is causing significant issues in our organisation and it is possible that users will click on the 60day trial by accident, invalidating the 12 month trial they need.

Thank you

MrBenn
Helper II
Helper II

Same problem here and many others with the same problem shown in another thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors