Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Extended Pro Trial Notification - I already have Power BI Pro

Hi all,

I have a Power BI Pro License from a couple of months but I just receive the notification of Extended Pro Trial activation.

Should I have to do something?

I understood that, since I already have the Pro license, I shouldn't receive this notification.

Is it going to change something for me?

Thank you.

Best,

Lorenzo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that I'm not supposed to receive the notification because of this:

"

• Exclusions: Power BI Pro and Power BI Pro trial users are not eligible for the Offer.

"

But, to answer to my question:

I have a Power BI Pro License from a couple of months but I just receive the notification of Extended Pro Trial activation.

Should I have to do something? I don't need to do anything.

I understood that, since I already have the Pro license, I shouldn't receive this notification.

Is it going to change something for me? Nothing is going to change for me having my Power BI Pro license already.

Am I right?

Thank you all for your answers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kiatsan

Hi,

I have problem with my PowerBI.

It kept prompting me to upgrade and I cannot access any of the report.

Appreciate if someone help me out.

There is no notification for extension but I had been using PowerBI for the past 6 months.

PowerBI.jpg

lwestcott
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue across my sales force.  They've all been given a Power BI Pro license but continue to see messages about getting Pro.  It would be really nice if that confusion could be avoided. 

thank you,

Lisa 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that I'm not supposed to receive the notification because of this:

"

• Exclusions: Power BI Pro and Power BI Pro trial users are not eligible for the Offer.

"

But, to answer to my question:

Should I have to do something? I don't need to do anything.

Is it going to change something for me? Nothing is going to change for me having my Power BI Pro license already.

Am I right?

Thank you all for your answers.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you read below article yet? If you haven't, I think you can take a look on it first:

Extended Pro Trial activation

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft I'm not sure that answers OPs question. I got a similar notification.  Basically we aren't eligable for Power BI Pro extended free trial as OP (and myself) are already Paying users of Power BI Pro.  What was strange is that we have received a notification of getting the extended trial.  When i clicked on the "Activate Trial", nothing really happened and it went away.  No "Trial days remaining" message appears anywhere either.

Does this mean that us paid users will get a 1 year credit?  Is that essentially what the notification was meaning or was the notification in error?

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check below conditions about extended power bi pro trial:

May 3 announcement overview

Extended Power BI Pro trial terms and conditions

• General purpose: The free 12-month extended Power BI Pro trial offer (the “Offer”) is available to existing qualified users of the free Power BI service, in order to address changes to the service effective June 1 related to the ability to distribute and receive content. Eligible users will receive the Offer beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018.
  • Eligibility: Users who registered for the free Power BI service on or before May 2, 2017 and have signed into the service at least once between May 2, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for the Offer.
  • Term: The Offer will begin on June 1, 2017 and end on May 31, 2018. Acceptance can occur at any time during the 12-month period, though the offer will terminate on May 31, 2018 for all users regardless of when they accepted the Offer.

In summary, I think if you suitable above conditions, you will receive the notice, but this extended affect only available with pro trial users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors