Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sakusuma
Employee
Employee

Expression.Error: The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found.

I am getting this error while refreshing the datasets that are Sharepoint hosted CSV datasets from 17 hours or so.

Below is the error:

Expression.Error: The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found.
Details:
ID=2452
PermMask=0x7ffffffffffbffff
FSObjType=0
HTML_x0020_File_x0020_Type=
UniqueId={8211460E-F710-4DB5-900F-52FD23E32CB7}
ProgId=
NoExecute=1
ContentTypeId=0x01010007892615EE788F46B32840A3F5335754
FileRef=/teams/makebidashboard/Shared Documents/DataFiles/Inventory Visibility/Device70WIP_20200922080055.csv
SMTotalSize=648457
File_x0020_Size=648033
MediaServiceFastMetadata=
_CommentFlags=
FileLeafRef=Device70WIP_20200922080055.csv
_ShortcutUrl=
_ShortcutUrl.desc=
_ShortcutSiteId=
_ShortcutWebId=
_ShortcutUniqueId=
Created_x0020_Date.ifnew=
File_x0020_Type=csv
File_x0020_Type.mapapp=ms-excel
HTML_x0020_File_x0020_Type.File_x0020_Type.mapcon=SharePoint.OpenDocuments
HTML_x0020_File_x0020_Type.File_x0020_Type.mapico=icxls.png
serverurl.progid=1https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/teams/makebidashboard/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc=%7B8211460E-F710-4DB5-900F-52FD23E32CB7%7D&file=Device70WIP_20200922080055.csv&action=default&mobileredirect=true
ServerRedirectedEmbedUrl=
File_x0020_Type.progid=SharePoint.OpenDocuments.3
File_x0020_Type.url=FALSE
CheckoutUser=
CheckedOutUserId=
IsCheckedoutToLocal=0
Modified=9/21/2020 5:02 PM
Modified.=2020-09-22T00:02:03Z
Modified.FriendlyDisplay=0|September 21, 2020
Created=9/21/2020 5:02 PM
Created.=2020-09-22T00:02:03Z
Created.FriendlyDisplay=0|September 21, 2020
ItemChildCount=0
FolderChildCount=0
A2ODMountCount=
_ComplianceTag=
owshiddenversion=1
ContentVersion=1
DocConcurrencyNumber=1
_VirusStatus=0
Restricted=
SiteUrl=https://microsoft.sharepoint.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sakusuma
Employee
Employee

The reports are getting refreshed automatically. There might have been a correction from the product group side. will post the fix if I get it from the support team

Reply from Support team:

There was a change in Sharepoint service that caused this issue, this has been since resolved and the issue is mitigated. Sharepoint team deployed a kill switch to turn on legacy data fields. Please check the issue is persisting or not and let me know the update

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
apo1979prio
Helper I
Helper I

Good afternoon everyone !!!
I noticed that the Sharepoint API is back to normal !!!
Congratulations on the speed of correction, despite having generated a rework yesterday! It is part !!!
Good job everyone !!!

apo1979prio_0-1611671824018.png

sakusuma
Employee
Employee

The reports are getting refreshed automatically. There might have been a correction from the product group side. will post the fix if I get it from the support team

Reply from Support team:

There was a change in Sharepoint service that caused this issue, this has been since resolved and the issue is mitigated. Sharepoint team deployed a kill switch to turn on legacy data fields. Please check the issue is persisting or not and let me know the update

MrtCtrr

Bug has now been FIXED, extension filter are now working again!

MrtCtrr

Same error since last week, with .xlsx though.

Is Microsoft working on a solution?

Good news,

MS has fixed the problem. The Extension column no longer returns an error.

The PBI reports are already updated normally.

😉

FredBIFr
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I hope you are well

I have the same problem : 

Erreur de source de données: The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

I changed the version API (15 to 14) and it is ok but it is not ok in PowerBI service. Have we a tips for change API in Power BI Service ? 

Many thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither of the two workarounds in here have worked for our reports using CSV files in SPO. Has anyone found any additional workarounds that we can try, or any updates from MS? We have also opened a support ticket with MS, so if I learn more from them ill post an update here. Very frustrating!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same issue creating a query against Sharepoint from Excel (not Power BI) this morning...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've opened a trouble ticket with microsoft. I would encourage you to do the same, in order to rise awareness and speed up the fix.

Jesusmari
Frequent Visitor

>>> The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found.

An update has been made to the Sharepoint - Power BI connector that causes the FileLeafRef.Suffix method to fail. You have to make noise for MS to fix it.

apo1979prio
Helper I
Helper I

Solution: Text.Contains([name], ".csv") but have big impact my old many developments 

Microsoft should give us an estimation when they have this bug fixed 😠

apo1979prio
Helper I
Helper I

Good afternoon!!!
Today (Jan-25-2020) started giving this error that we never had here in the company !!! 😣
This directly impacts Power BI Service reports and dataflows ...
I know that to adjust just make a repair on the line of code, but this should not happen !!!
Microsoft couldn't let that happen !!!
There are many developments (reports and dataflows) that are being impacted for that !!!
Unfortunate !!! 😡

Solution: Text.Contains([name], ".csv") but have big impact my old many developments 😡

Microsoft should give us an estimation when they have this bug fixed.

Same problem here, had to re-code everything this morning, daily updates not done... 😞

axelb
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

switching from selection of the each ([Extension] = ".xlsx"))

to: Text.Contains([name], ".csv") is working - but this requires all PowerBi reports running on share point files to be updated, which takes quite some time.

Same for switching the AppVersion from 15 to 14

Solution: Text.Contains([name], ".csv") but have big impact my old many developments 😡

fraggle

What an inconvinience!  my work around is to change the ApiVersion from 15 to 14

Source = SharePoint.Files("https://sharepoint.com/sites/", [ApiVersion = 14]),

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this note. I started getting this error just yesterday for one of the reports. The source files are in Sharepoint site. I tried changing the APIVersion parameter from 15 to 14 and that seems to work. but puzzled that there are other XLSX files being picked up from same sharepoint site and didn't get error for those. Any impact changing this version may have? 
Update: I noticed that the other excel files being referenced in the same PBIX file, are showing Error in the Extension column when reviewing the first step (Source). Those files however are getting loaded through each step.

Going by some microsoft documentation on SharePoint API Versions :

ApiVersion: A number (14 or 15) or the text "Auto" that specifies the SharePoint API version to use for this site. When not specified, API version 14 is used. When Auto is specified, the server version will be automatically discovered if possible, otherwise version defaults to 14. Non-English SharePoint sites require at least version 15.

I'm not aware of any impact of changing versions for me personally, but maybe worth checking fields like DateTime display correctly for you.

PBI-STGOBOB

Hello, I have the same issue with all of my reports using this expression in Excel and PowerBI since yesterday. I get for all reports error messages. They worked all without problem since weeks, month, years. This is a issue on the server side and must be fixed by Microsoft.

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

this is crazy, multiple files with this error last 2 days, so we have to update all of ours or will they be fixing to see extensions again??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors