Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sga91

Exporting visuals to a live Microsoft Word file

Hello,

I have created some visuals which I would like to be inserted into a live Word file which sits on SharePoint and which is edited by several users on a monthly basis.

What is the best way to automate the exporting of these visuals to that Word file?

The current monthly process is to copy and paste an image of the visual into the file but with 50+ visuals this can be time consuming.  Ideally I would like to either:

1.  Set up an automated process which automatically copies and pastes the visual into the Word file (within a specific place in the document on a monthly basis), or
  2.  Set up the visual within the Word file in such a way that the information can be refreshed on a monthly basis without the need to copy and paste.

I am also open to any other solutions which may optimise the process but have not been listed above. 

Please can you advise how I can best achieve the above?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sga91 ,

You can try use Power Automate to reach that.

You can refer to this video for more details.

Export Power BI to MS Word / PDF | Paginated reports with Power Automate and Power BI 

Or you can present your ideas on Power BI ideas.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response.

Does Power Automate give you the ability to export visuals into an already existing Word file rather than a new document?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors