Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbiwork
Helper I
Helper I

Exporting to PPT/PDF error

Hi, 

We've been having issues exporting to PowerPoint and PDF. Tried again later and have multiple people try it and we still have the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

powerbiwork_0-1643051221404.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @powerbiwork ;

Currently, there are several know issue on exporting report to PDF/PPT. Fix will be available in production environment recently.

• If you have blank pages in your report, you might experience issue while exporting reports to PPT and PDF.(ICM 285199713)
  • You might experience issues with exporting report to PPT/PDF, this issue happens particularly when a customer's report visual has many-to-many relationship or if visual contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches, or other breaking modeling changes. Exports fails only if conditions match.(ICM 280467601)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @powerbiwork ;

Currently, there are several know issue on exporting report to PDF/PPT. Fix will be available in production environment recently.

• If you have blank pages in your report, you might experience issue while exporting reports to PPT and PDF.(ICM 285199713)
  • You might experience issues with exporting report to PPT/PDF, this issue happens particularly when a customer's report visual has many-to-many relationship or if visual contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches, or other breaking modeling changes. Exports fails only if conditions match.(ICM 280467601)

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @powerbiwork ;

I have also encountered this problem with other users. Here you can check the following points :
1.There are some considerations and limitations on exporting a report to PDF or PowerPoint.

Reports with more than 50 report pages currently can't be exported
Reports larger than 500MB currently can't be exported
Reports owned by a user outside your tenant can't be exported
Reports being exported to older versions of PowerPoint.
Reports that take longer than an hour to process.
Report pages that take longer than 6 minutes to load.

For more limitations, please refer to Export reports from Power BI to PDF and Export a report to PowerPoint and check your target report with it.

2. Secondly, does your model have a many-to-many relationship? If so, delete the relationship first and try exporting it again

3. This is a link to similar issues. I will keep an eye on it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/I-cannot-export-to-pdf-or-powerpoint/idi-p/2300534

Best Regards,

powerbiwork
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I tried that as well still didn't work 😞

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @powerbiwork 

I know that there were some issues with a few Power BI customers in Northern US, possibly you could wait a few hours, or you could log out and log back in and try again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors