Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AntonioM
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Exporting to PDF causes table to overflow

Hi all,

I've got a problem exporting to pdf from any report published to the service. I've created a brand new report, entered one column of data and produced a simple table, where all of the rows fit within the visual.

AntonioM_0-1656579534222.png

I've published this to Service, where it appears the same.

AntonioM_1-1656579610941.png

Then I export to pdf and the rows gets longer and a scroll bar appears.

AntonioM_2-1656579625224.png

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried using different view settings (fit to page, full width...) but this keeps happening. I have reports shared to end users where I always have to export to pdf from desktop because of this.

From what I've seen, it doesn't affect other sorts of visuals. I'm on Power BI Desktop December 2021 (which unfortuantely I can't update currently) if that could be a problem.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AntonioM ,

According to my knowledge, this may be due to the limitation of the Export to PDF feature, please consider the following scenarios:

• Reports with unusual custom page sizes may experience issues in export scenarios. For best results, consider switching to a standard page size for your report.
  • When exporting to PDF, reports using themes with custom fonts will have the custom font replaced with a default font.
  • While we look to provide a consistent experience, we can't guarantee the exported PDF from the Power BI service will always match the exported PDF from a local Power BI Desktop file.

For more considerations and limitations, please refer to:

Export reports from Power BI to PDF

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-jianboli-msft 

Thank you for your reply. I have read through the limitations listed but in my example I tried to remove as many of these factors as I could. I've created a brand new file and used only default canvas size, visuals and fonts but unfortunately this still happens.

It does only seem to be happening with tables/matrices so we will keep exporting from desktop where we need to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors