Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andvil
Helper V
Helper V

Exporting to Excel - incomplete information

Hello to everyone,

I have a report that I usually export from PBI desktop to PBI Services and then to Excel as an xls file. I have created some relationships between three different tables (Suppose employees, agencies and main table in this example). Data from employees and agencies table gets paired with the data from the main table throught a "key code", and not neccessarily all the infromation from the main table is matched with the employees and agencies table. Therefore, some information from the main table might not have an employee or agency assigned.

The problem is, when I export from PBI Services to Excel, it only exports the data that has an employee or an agency assigned. I want to see all the information, I have enabled the "show items with no data" and when I export, the data with no employee or agency assigned is exported, but the weight and number of items is blank in the data that has not been assigned an employee or agency. When I don't include agency and employee, same data is exported but the items and weight information that was in blank now has the numbers. Also, the information I export is under the PBI services limit, so this is not a reason for the problem.

I have realized that when I do not include the employee or the agency in the visual, when exporting, my excel has all the information and the total sum of Weight and Items match the sum in the PBI visual. When adding the employee or agency information in the visual and exporting to excel, only the data with employee or agency assigned is exported, leaving the information that is not paired out of the export file.

How can I include the not assigned information in the exported file? I attach an example so you can see the differences when exporting with agency and employee assigned and without: Export to Excel Example 

Thank you,

JLV

5 REPLIES 5
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Andvil 

Thank you for sharing the PBIX file to check with the issue.

I have gone throguh the PBIX file to download the data with "export data" option and it is not matching.

Please raise a support ticket to investigate the issue.

I am assuming that it was data model issue or else data size limit.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

@venal 

Hi @venal, and everyone,

I attach a demonstration of my problem for better understanding:

When I do not enable the "show blank data", my visual is like this one:

relationships (with no blank data enabled).png

See that from the 668 sales, only 458 have an employee assigned. I need to see the other 210 sales even though they do not have an employee assigned.

When I enable the "show blank data", my visual is this one:

relationships (with show blank data enabled).png

See that it still shows 458 sales from the 668. By enabling the "show blank data", it shows the available employees but it still does not show the remaining 210 sales that are not assigned to an employee. And when I export to excel, it only exports the 458 sales, whereas I want all the sales where the 210 sales that are not assigned can have a blank in the employee field.

Is this possible?

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Andvil Apologies for the delayed response.

Can you please share the suport ticket number.

Thank you for your response.

Hi @venal ,

Here is my post in the issues section: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Exporting-to-Excel-Incomplete-Information/idi-p/1262607

I did not find any ticket number.

Thank you @venal ,

I have raised the support ticket: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Exporting-to-Excel-Incomplete-Information/idi-p/1262607#M595...

As I said in my previous post, the information is under the size limit so this is not the problem. I thought it was something related to the tables relationships or that I had to enable something.

JLV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors