Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsdesrosiers
Helper I
Helper I

Exporting table with "Data with current layout" not applying filters

Greetings all -

I have a user who reported to me that when applying filters to a visual at the page level, data subsequently exported using the "Data with current layout" option is not retaining the filters. While the "Summarized data" option is a usable workaround for this particular report I think both export options should keep the data filtered. I feel like this is a new behavior. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Danielle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, this seems to be a weird local caching issue. I republished the Workspace into an App and started the filtering process from scratch. Exporting resulted in the correct data regardless of the methods. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dsdesrosiers
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for responding but your suggestion does not apply to this situation - it's not a subscription and it's the opposite issue. Filters are NOT being applied.  It's just an export using the three-dot menu on a table visual. 

So, this seems to be a weird local caching issue. I republished the Workspace into an App and started the filtering process from scratch. Exporting resulted in the correct data regardless of the methods. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dsdesrosiers 

There is a new feature when exporting where it will export with the filters applied?

Power BI November 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors