Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exporting reports to Excel?

Hello everybody,

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I'm quite new to the world of B.I. and data analysis and need help with giving my new boss an answer to something specific he's asking for (OR I need help formulating a reason why this is the wrong kind of question to be asking about Power BI).

I was tasked with learning Power BI and need to demonstrate its usefulness for the company I work for. I've spent a few months learning Power BI, Power Pivot, DAX and have finally come to a place where I'm turning out some useful reports and visualizations.

Last week I showed my supervisor one of the reports I've created and he liked it, which felt great. Then he asked, "If so-and-so in Financial Planning dials these reports in to a very specific set of data (using slicers and cross referencing from bar charts, etc.) and wants to export that specific, visualized subset of data as an Excel spreadsheet, how can she do this?" I've researched this some and have not found a way to do it, and so I'm wondering if this is something that does or does not exist? 

Say I have my Matrix table drilled down several levels and I've sliced this data by a specific yearly quarter, added in YTD columns and variance columns...is there a way to tell Power BI "I want a spreadsheet that reflects the specific data that is represented on screen right now."?

If not, is there a way I can explain this to my supervisor that will make sense (ie: Power BI doesn't do that, and it wouldn't make sense for Power BI to do that, because ______ ).

Thank you guys for helping out a newbie. The forum is where I come first for help and it rarely disappoints because you people are geniuses!

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I should have done a bit more research. I found the answer to my question.

My apologies for clogging up the boards. Robot Sad

Daniel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I should have done a bit more research. I found the answer to my question.

My apologies for clogging up the boards. Robot Sad

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors