Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smathur12
Frequent Visitor

Exporting multiple tables together to csv

Hi,

I have multiple small tables in a published dashboard. I want to allow users to download the tables all at once but not by clicking on each table individually. I want a way with which these can all be exported together into one excel or csv tab.

smathur12_0-1658157578279.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smathur12 ,

According to my knowledge a table visual can only form a separate csv file. The reason for this is that the data model of each table may have different filtering results (number of rows, column fields) due to its external conditions. The system is not able to integrate the table visuals into a single table by making a direct determination when exporting. You can export these tables to csv file separately and integrate them together manually, then add a download link to the dashboard.

For example:

vjianbolimsft_0-1658398171359.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1658398171361.png

vjianbolimsft_2-1658398171361.png

vjianbolimsft_3-1658398171363.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-jianboli-msft . I was able to create the button and on clicking it just opens the web url page I added. But how do I connect the individual tables to that button. How is this button going to upload these tables to that URL?

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @smathur12 

You can probably do this by using a Paginated Report, pulling data from the Dataset and buiding a combined report that can then be downloaded as an excel or csv file:

See..Paginated reports in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

These Paginated Report doownloads can be accessed via a button in a power BI Report:

See..Export data with Power BI Paginated URL Parameters - Guy in a Cube

Note that you'll need a Premium Per User or better licence to run these Paginated Reports.

If you only have a Pro licence, the new "Exportable Formatted Tables" in Data Hub gives something like the same feature set, however you currently can't use parameters or automate the download:

see..Exportable Formatted Data Tables (Preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thanks for your response. The issue is I cannot combine these individual tables into a single table because each of these are created using different slicers and formulas.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@smathur12 I am not aware of a way to do that. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors