Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sqlguru448
Helper III
Helper III

Exporting Power BI report to excel with sheet name populated as report name

Hello,

I am trying to see if the Power BI report when exported from app.PowerBI.com can show the report name in the sheet name, this is possible when I do it from Power BI desktop but when exported from app.PowerBI.com the sheet name is named as "sheet1". Below is the screenshot.

This screenshot is when I export the report from Power BI desktop and the sheet name has report name displayed but I  am unable to do same when I try to export from app.PowerBI.comThis screenshot is when I export the report from Power BI desktop and the sheet name has report name displayed but I am unable to do same when I try to export from app.PowerBI.com

Can you please guide me if there is any workaround.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sqlguru448 ,

Would you mind letting me know how did you export the whole report including all visuals in desktop? based on my test, I can only export the data within specific visual, and the csv exported is naming by the visual title, rather than report name.  when i do the same operation in service, the sheet name is "sheet1" same as your issue. but the workaround is download a pbix copy and then export the data.

Please kindly share the solution how to export the whole report with several report pages into excel. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know that is currently the way the Power BI Service works.

I would suggest looking at https://ideas.powerbi.com and voting for an idea.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors