Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ExportTo API Call - Is this now GA? What are limitations if any?

Hello PBI Comrades

I am trying to workout if the limitation documented:

1. Still exist.

2. Applicable to paginated reports.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-to#limitations

The limitations I am concerned about for paginated reports are:

i. For public preview, the number of Power BI report pages exported per hour is limited to 50 per capacity.

ii. Exported reports cannot exceed a file size of 250 MB.

iii. The number of pages that can be included in an exported report is 30. If the report includes more pages, the API returns an error and the export job is canceled.

Please advise:

A. Is the API call ExportTo now GA?

B. Is the limitation i above removed or to be removed? If so, will there still be a cap on exported pages per hour?

C. If or when ExportTo is GA, will limitations ii & iii still be aplicable?

Thanks

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution.
But we think the limitations should exist.

Maybe you can also follow the latest update information later in What's new and planned for Power BI

We suggest you to open a ticket here for help : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

The engineer will answer your questions from a more professional perspective.

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @v-zhenbw-msft 

I to cannot re-produce the limitations. The only thing I have not done is create a file greater than 250MB. I did create a PDF file from a paginated report 670 pages long with graphics, and that is 6MB. So I think to exceed 250MB is an unnecassary test as the liklihood of that occuring is almost zero.

I cannot log a support call as my account says I do not have permissions. 

I would appreciate it if you could follow this up further internally, especially i & iii in my post. I need to proceed with confidence these are not an issue for the solution being proposed. If not resolved, I have outstanding risk.

Thanks

Adam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors