Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export with Current Values No Longer Working

Hello,

When viewing an app within Power BI Service and using the Export > PDF option, we have used the "Current Values" selection with success in the past. For those unfamiliar, if you use any slicers, etc. on the report prior to exporting, this option will carry those slicers onto the export, rather than using the default view/values of the report.

However, this feature appears to now be broken. When using this feature late last week, we noticed the default values are always displayed on the export. Has this happened with anyone else? Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this (other than printing to a PDF)?

Thanks,

Matt

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue with me too.

Did anyone contacted Microsoft or raised a ticket for this issue?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did create a ticket with Microsoft last month for this. After some research, they discovered an issue and I was told they would be putting out a fix on 12/6. When I came in on Monday, 12/9, the issue had been resolved so I believe the fix did its job...at least for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it is fixed for all reports for you?

I have tested it multiple times with multiple reports and didnot see the export with filtered values.

NhatTruong
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar problem. It shows default values when I export to ppt file.  Who should I contact?

I have the exact same issue, two years later. Pdf export (and ppt) fails to keep current values, and instead drills down to the lowest level. The current view is kept however if you save to pdf through the print export.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Can you please try to enable the new look and try to click on "print/powerpoint".

In the new look also same behaviour, please post your sample snippets to sort out quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The PowerPoint option does the same as PDF - the default values are used. The Print option works correctly and displays the "current values".

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one of our other "power users" attempt this and the feature works fine for him. However, when I try or when other users try, the default values are included in the export. Very weird that it is working correctly for one user and not others. We have confirmed permissions are correct, the same browser is used, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors