cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arielfilipa Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Export underlying data

Hi,

the information in the link below helped me to change from Measure to column and then I'm able to export data using the underlying option.

Hope that it helps you

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

sohara Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am missing two of the three value columns that are present in the visual during export.  The other visuals using the same tables are providing all the value columns during export.

Seems odd to me that the visual showing all the value columns is only exporting one, but the visuals only showing one value is exporting all of them.

mgcharumilind Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft Thank you for this valuable information! I have left a feedback ticket for the documentation which is lackign this information. It's important to understand when reviewing security!

panoslaz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello Lydia 

I have kind of the opposite problem; I do not want users to export the underlying data from my tables/matrices. 

Is there anyway to disable that option and allow exporting only summarised data?

Thanks 

Panos

panoslaz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello Lydia 

I have kind of the opposite problem; I do not want users to export the underlying data from my tables/matrices. 

Is there anyway to disable that option and allow exporting only summarised data?

Thanks 

Panos

giri41 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am struggling with the same issue.

export to underlying data is grayed out and error message was that i dont have permissions.

is this something to do with Admin permissions?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@giri41 Sounds like it. Power BI tenant settings allow you to disable exporting data, you would need to speak with your Power BI or Office 365 admin to enable this for you if you needed it.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI