Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Export underlying data

HI

I am exporting underlying data from my report(Matrix), and i am getting the correct count of rows, but all columns are not included in the excel data, i wants to export the data with all columns which are there in source table, is there any way to do this. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance

Rajmohan 

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Hi,

the information in the link below helped me to change from Measure to column and then I'm able to export data using the underlying option.

Hope that it helps you

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Highlighted

I am missing two of the three value columns that are present in the visual during export.  The other visuals using the same tables are providing all the value columns during export.

Seems odd to me that the visual showing all the value columns is only exporting one, but the visuals only showing one value is exporting all of them.

Highlighted

@v-yuezhe-msft Thank you for this valuable information! I have left a feedback ticket for the documentation which is lackign this information. It's important to understand when reviewing security!

Highlighted

Hello Lydia 

I have kind of the opposite problem; I do not want users to export the underlying data from my tables/matrices. 

Is there anyway to disable that option and allow exporting only summarised data?

Thanks 

Panos

Highlighted

Hello Lydia 

I have kind of the opposite problem; I do not want users to export the underlying data from my tables/matrices. 

Is there anyway to disable that option and allow exporting only summarised data?

Thanks 

Panos

Highlighted

Hi

I am struggling with the same issue.

export to underlying data is grayed out and error message was that i dont have permissions.

is this something to do with Admin permissions?

Highlighted

@giri41 Sounds like it. Power BI tenant settings allow you to disable exporting data, you would need to speak with your Power BI or Office 365 admin to enable this for you if you needed it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Hi, When I am exporting underlying data then only 1 row i.e 'Total' row of the Matrix is getting exported but not the whole data. Can you tell me why it is happenning?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

HI All,

After I publish the dataset to Premimum workspace. When I create a report with Table visual on Top of dataset withrequired fields.

When i try to export the visual I see the in the excel output saying it has exceeded the limit count of 150000 rows but where it actually doesnt  have that many rows.

Any tips why Excel is showing wrong count of data. when exported to excel. Any chnages need to do in Options.

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Try to change the datatype of the measures and lets try it, you'll get all the data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors