Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrobinson
Frequent Visitor

Export to powerpoint

Hi,

I am trying to export a dashboard to powerpoint. I have imported a custome theme in desktop version (which I appreciate is still in preview too) and these colours transport fine when I publish, however I lose all sight of these colours in the exported Powerpoint and the colours return to their default. Is there any plan from Microsoft to export custom colours - this is really important on my project.

Is there also any plan to make the visualisations more interactive - i.e. I can see the scroll bar on some tables when exported to ppt but I am unable to use the scroll? I presume this is because the export to ppt feature simply takes a snapshot but it is not very helpful and makes reports useless.

Thanks for any info

3 REPLIES 3
johnk78
Regular Visitor

I get a similar issue, however strangely the first slide retains the colours but then loses them for the rest!
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jrobinson,

I can't reproduce your issue, when I upload the report, these colors which updated by theme will lost. Can you share a sample file to test?

>>however I lose all sight of these colours in the exported Powerpoint and the colours return to their default. 

I think export function may not support to theme feature.( both these features are in preview, maybe it not released yet)

In addition, if you have some great ideas to improve power bi, you can share them to ideas forum.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @v-shex-msft. Unfortunately I can't give you a sample as the data is confidential but the custom theme definitely transfers across to the pulished dashboard.

I'll add these ideas to the idea forum, as I believe they would be helpful for the full version of these features, thanks for the heads up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors