Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to pdf / pwp does not work

Hello community,

I'm experiencing issue when exporting a report into pdf or pwp:

Some tables don't show up and I get this message. First I have this problem. I did not chance the source file and did not have that issue previously. 

Many thanks for your help!

JeromeGr_0-1593586886569.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are a few considerations and limitations to keep in mind when you work with the Export to PDF feature.

• R and Python visuals aren't currently supported. In the PDF, these visuals are blank and display an error message.

• Reports with more than 30 report pages currently can't be exported.

• Reports that are owned by a user outside your Power BI tenant domain, such as a report owned by someone outside your organization and shared with you, can't be published to PDF.

• Reports with unusual custom page sizes may experience issues in export scenarios. For best results, consider switching to a standard page size for your report.

• Power BI visuals that have been certified are supported. For more information on certified Power BI visuals, including how to get a Power BI visual certified, see Get a Power BI visual certified. Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

• The admin may need to enable the Export to PDF feature in Admin portal first of all .

For more limitation, see the article: Export reports from Power BI to PDF.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the extensive answer. 

However what is very confusing is that last week I did an export and it worked with no issue.

The visual I am using, that was working well in export and that displays now an error instead is a standard one as you can see below. It's a visual offered by Power BI by default.

I also noticed that the export feature works well if used from the desktop app but when I do it from services (online) it comes with those error messages...

JeromeGr_0-1593707313227.png

Hi  @Anonymous ,

You may check if the issue occurs for all visuals or specific visual which is not certified by Power BI. Since Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

In addition, can the SSAS data in Power BI Service be refreshed as usual? If not, you may need to install gateway and set schedule refresh to display the data first.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors