Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shalin
Frequent Visitor

Export to excel - name of the file

Hi, 

A number of our reports that we have need to be downloaded by our users rather than being viewed on screen. When you click export to excel the file name is always just "data."

Is it possible to have the name of the file match what the title of the report is or something else, rather than just data?

Or is there a better way to manage these kinds of reports? Running D365, and have to use BI in order to pull data from multiple areas. Currently they are just hosted on a dashboard, and then exported when needed 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Has this changed recently? I've had a user come back to me with an issue where they've tried to export data from the visual, and rather than just calling it data, it's exported the visual title as the file name - then because the title's quite long, Windows has truncated the file name and it then can't be found when trying to open it from the downloads tab at the bottom of Chrome?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Shalin

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now. You could export to excel and then rename the excel file.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors