Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidbrucedavis
Frequent Visitor

Export to PowerPoint with Filters, is not working

Hello,

I've researched the boards quite thoroghly today folks, so here is the deal.  I've deleted the dataset, the report and the dashboard.  I am on the latest release of PowerBI Desktop and I've republished the report we have, to the service.  I am a Pro user and so are the people getting at the report.  We apply filters and go to export the report to PDF and PowerPoint and it does not export with the filters in tact.  And before anyone posts the "Current View"/"Default View" window.  We are chosing Current View.  Nothing works.  I'm beyond frustrated right now.  Anyone know why this is not working again, like in September???

Thanks,

Dave

Better living through better data and there's always a bigger fish.
6 REPLIES 6
dyingod
Helper I
Helper I

This is still a problem for me just now and I see that this may not have been fixed? I might add a support ticket and report back on results but if you have already had results I'd love to hear them 🙂 Every traditional filter is completely disrespected in PowerBi for PowerPoint. Unless you add slicers of your own to filter things on powerpoint directly. it's a huge mess.

Hi, I am facing the same problem. Not able to download ppt with filters applied. The ppt gets downloaded excluding the filters. It was working well before, the problem started today (9/10/23). Can someone please suggest how to get this fixed.

stevenspruce

I'm having the same issue.  My reports utilise the standard slicer but when the report is being exported to either PowerPoint or PDF the slicer is being ignored and all data is getting exported.

I think I have fixed my problem.  A previous version of the report used the hierarchical slicer, however it was not liked so I removed it from the report and went back to the standard slicer.

In order to fix the problem I have actually used the 'delete a custom visual' to remove it fully from my report.  It did tell me it would affect 14 tiles but there seems to be no adverse affect.

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidbrucedavis ,

Based on my test, it could work properly on my side( the latest version ).

4-1.PNG

If this situation occurs when you export other reports, you could create a support ticket for further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Wonderful that it works for you.  It, however, does not work on any of my reports.  Also, I would love to open a ticket, but I can't, because they want permissions granted and I'm not the admin on our account.  And he's on vacation.  Hence the frustration.  Getting support from Microsoft on this stuff has proven to be a monumental task.  Thanks for replying though.

Better living through better data and there's always a bigger fish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors