cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srikanthnama Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

It's been almost 3 years since this preview feature is released. We definietly want the page 15 limitation to be removed. As a workaround, we are splitting the pbix reports into increments of 15 and then merging into a master power point deck. I am sure lot of community members are unhappy with this feature and many more in preview mode. Can this be implemented  and the overall export to power point  is released to general ? 

celsusilva Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Error 500, Unable to export to PowerPoint and it's only happening with reports that are connected live to a power bi dataset

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDa4237ccf-380a-4059-85b3-84d06e136973
Request IDdd5476d4-e39c-c656-fbc1-b3198f8f0b78
Correlation ID298e70f5-66b8-c554-12d7-95d864dafea8
Status code500
TimeSat May 26 2018 13:01:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5314.200
cafeehan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I just wanted to add that I'm in the same boat.  I've had to split a report into separate report files, delete down the number of pages to reach the max of 15, export to PowerPoint, then stitch them all back together again in a single file.  Painful!! 

I know that everyone would like us to work in an always-connected world, but that's not yet a reality.  

sckelley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback - Filtered Report

We have a report that is filtered to display specific project information.  When we export to PowerPoint, the project we have filtered for the online display is not exported - the first project in the drop down list is exported.  We are new PowerBI users - is there a setting we need to change?

PoolR
Advisor

unfortunately there is no interaction between the online viewing experience and the export to powerpoint. So the export contains the state of the dashboard at the time of upload or last save. So the only way now would be to edit the report in the service, then set the filters, save the report and then create the export....

If you ask me, don't expect a GA status soon or new features being added the upcoming six months....

Seward12533 New Contributor
New Contributor

Actually, I just attended the BI Summit in Seattle last week and this is expected to GA by the October release and will include this functionality in the PBI Desktop. Here is a link to just one of the sessions, its an hour and well worth the time to give you an idea of what is coming soon.  If you skip to about 40mins in you will see them export to PDF Smiley Happy

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-204

But here is a quck summary of just some of the things including.

• Full control of all real estate.
  • Copy values and selections
  • Jump list to navigate
  • Theming
  • Title to the top.
  • Visual header improvement and control which appear
  • Alignment lines
  • Wrapping in headers
  • Expression on color controls!!!
  • Dynamic headers
  • Expand and collapse into tables/matrices
  • Export to PDF from desktop
JohnHR Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Newbie here with a question:  We've noticed that some people are unable to save the PowerPoint file once created while others can.  I suspect that this is probably connected to sharing via Read vs. Read and Reshare.  It would be logical that someone not allowed to reshare cannot save the file locally as that would effectively allow them to share the data.  I can't find anything specific that indicates this is the case though, can anyone confirm?

Ledidiana New Member

Hey Team,

Per the features mentioned for the export, understand that currenrly the export will be an image per report instead of per visualisation. Should the text boxes still be editable?

It would be great if it is possible tho, i had attempted and it is currently non editable. Wondering if this is expected?
Laz Member

Always impressed!

However, certainly room for improvement:

1. Apply Report/Page LEvel Filters to the PP Exported.

2. Have ability to not export to the PP hidden tabs from Power BI.

Thanks,

Laz

swilliams-tjc Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Are there any plans/timelines for allowing slicer settings to be honored when using the Export Report to PowerPoint feature on the service?  I understand the workaround solution (editing the report, setting slicers, saving report and then exporting), but this is impractical when the report is used by multiple users, and it is not a workable solution for users that have read-only access to the report.  

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 146 members 1,835 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: