Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

Error 500, Unable to export to PowerPoint and it's only happening with reports that are connected live to a power bi dataset

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDa4237ccf-380a-4059-85b3-84d06e136973
Request IDdd5476d4-e39c-c656-fbc1-b3198f8f0b78
Correlation ID298e70f5-66b8-c554-12d7-95d864dafea8
Status code500
TimeSat May 26 2018 13:01:31 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5314.200
Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

I just wanted to add that I'm in the same boat.  I've had to split a report into separate report files, delete down the number of pages to reach the max of 15, export to PowerPoint, then stitch them all back together again in a single file.  Painful!! 

I know that everyone would like us to work in an always-connected world, but that's not yet a reality.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback - Filtered Report

We have a report that is filtered to display specific project information.  When we export to PowerPoint, the project we have filtered for the online display is not exported - the first project in the drop down list is exported.  We are new PowerBI users - is there a setting we need to change?

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

unfortunately there is no interaction between the online viewing experience and the export to powerpoint. So the export contains the state of the dashboard at the time of upload or last save. So the only way now would be to edit the report in the service, then set the filters, save the report and then create the export....

If you ask me, don't expect a GA status soon or new features being added the upcoming six months....

Actually, I just attended the BI Summit in Seattle last week and this is expected to GA by the October release and will include this functionality in the PBI Desktop. Here is a link to just one of the sessions, its an hour and well worth the time to give you an idea of what is coming soon.  If you skip to about 40mins in you will see them export to PDF Smiley Happy

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-204

But here is a quck summary of just some of the things including.

• Full control of all real estate.
  • Copy values and selections
  • Jump list to navigate
  • Theming
  • Title to the top.
  • Visual header improvement and control which appear
  • Alignment lines
  • Wrapping in headers
  • Expression on color controls!!!
  • Dynamic headers
  • Expand and collapse into tables/matrices
  • Export to PDF from desktop