cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olimilo Helper V
Helper V

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

May I ask what could be the possible causes of errors in exporting to PPT? I keep getting Error Code 500 and the only custom vis object I have would be Matrix Preview, and there are some objects on my report that are overlapping, if that means anything.

Microsoft ellbe
Microsoft

Thank you for reaching out!

The error you get is not related to custom visuals in your report.

The export feature is in preview and we are activly working to improve it.

Apologies for inconvenience.

olimilo Helper V
Helper V

No worries! I'm just glad that the feature is there for us to use. 🙂 Hope it gets stable for regular use soon!

shill1000 Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm also seeing issues wiht the export today and it was fine yesterday AM. Of all the days - I'm trying to set up a demo of Power BI for senior management!

Error, for what its worth:

Activity ID7eb51795-b024-4780-8acd-93be48edc68a
Request IDf1bf197e-544f-61ec-26ec-01bfcf222873
Correlation ID5d7d9d52-8bda-ae4c-e5aa-bfc80481bd73
Status code500
TimeThu Mar 23 2017 15:49:58 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1501
MEclay
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Love the Powerpoint feature, but have one question.

Is it possible to upload a Powerpoint as a template and use that instead of the conventional Microsoft branded powerpoint that is exported??

I want to use our company template, and wasn't sure if this was already a feature or if this was potentially on the future roadmap?

It would be an awesome addition.

Thanks,

Matt Eicher

Microsoft ellbe
Microsoft

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback!

This is not planned in our immediate backlog however, the result Power Ponit deck can be edited so you can copy-paste the relevant report pages to a bigger scope and/ir templetized presentation.

I hope that helps,
Ella

jtdesouza
Frequent Visitor

Greetings,

As we roll out Power BI within my company, we share how your team is working hard to continuously improve the product.  With regards to exporting to PowerPoint, is there a backlog of specific features that you have prioritized as the next to push to the preview function?  Can these be shared within this thread?  High on the list for us are a few items listed as limitations:

• Custom visuals, and R visuals, are not currently supported. Any such visuals are exported as a blank image into PowerPoint.
  • In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

Many thanks,
Josh

Microsoft ellbe
Microsoft

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have a backlog of improvements but no slated release dates yet and the prioritization may change.
Specifically for the items you mentioned:

- Custom visuals support is activly being worked on. We plan to gradually support more more custom visuals starting April. The un-supported visuals however, should be exported with a relevant message today and ont a blank image.
- We are aware of the need for in-session interactivity and are looking into it. We do not have a release date for it yet.

Thanks,
Ella

MEclay
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ella,

Thanks for the reply.

This doesn't really help us because the objective is for the users to be able to click 'export powerpoint' and have it in our format -- we don't want them having to change the powerpoint.

Maybe this could be put on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Matt

Microsoft ellbe
Microsoft

Thanks. It is in our backlog, just not planned for the near future. We are periodically evaluating priorities and will take that into account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors