cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhmiller89 Helper V
Helper V

Re: Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

When will exporting to PowerPoint with the in-session applied filters be supported? 

alvin_alpha
Frequent Visitor

hi,

Still reading thru the thread. In case I missed it. Can tables be edited as well after pptx export?

Highlighted
olgaia
Regular Visitor

Why are R-custom-visuals not supported? This makes things much more complicated. =( Please fix!

Super User IV
Super User IV

Grouped visuals, introduced in the August 2019 update, appear to all align to the top left corner of the page when exported to PDF or PowerPoint.  Below is a screen shot of the PowerBI Desktop file then the published report exported to both PDF and PPTX.  I have also tested this in both Chrome and Edge with the same results.  

The good view in PowerBI desktop:

GroupedAlignmentGood.jpgPowerBI desktop showing grouped items

The bad view after export:

GroupedAlignmentBadPPT.jpgThe published report after export to PowerPoint or PDF

Has anyone else run into this behavior?  I really like the grouped items for working with bookmarks so I am hoping this get fixed soon.

akohonen
Frequent Visitor

It is possible to write notes into the powerBI file that would be exported as notes into PowerPoint? Notes are most often used in PowerPoint to remember things that you do not want to show in the actual visual.

I guess an option would be to use PowerBITiles, but it would be great if it could be part of the standard functionality.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Axel

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors