cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feedback

This thread was created to gather feedback and communicate over the new Export to PowerPoint (Preview) feature in PowerBI.com.

Ask questions, suggest features, or leave general feedback. We will monitor closely.

Thanks,

Tzvi Keisar

Program Manager, Power BI

Tzvi Keisar
Senior Program Manager @ Microsoft Power BI
294 REPLIES 294
Regular Visitor

Hi,  I keep getting this error which many other people seem to have but I do not see any solutions or this issue being adressed, can someone help? on the update from Tzvi Keisar I did not see this on the list of fixes, maybe there is a solution that I have not seen?

Unable to export to PowerPoint

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID17a25d81-2dd9-46e2-abc2-1efd191ea957

Request ID1aa2b457-7e0b-9b0c-57dd-3649c069a60f

Correlation ID706e154b-a3b2-2fea-a481-d91aa97ef69d

Status code500

TimeTue Jan 31 2017 17:34:33 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)

Version13.0.1700.1082

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Thank you,

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Please contact our support email: mpbisup@microsoft.com, to enable us getting more details from you directly and trying helping you with those issues.

Regards,

- ron

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I'm having a lot of issues with this feature. I know it's in preview but it would nice to understand are there any active fixes for anything in progress. I use to be able to export to PowerPoint but keep geeting the below error message. As well a collegue was actually able to get it to print to PDF but when the file is sent anywhere, the text comes out completly garbage as shown below:

Unable to export to PowerPoint

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID15dc0d08-bd4d-7b39-e1f6-32841eb28d93
Request ID877ab7ac-4638-a85f-5ef8-71714d6c7d47
Correlation ID1ceed84e-709c-bb28-3a6f-cea3a27b8b05
Status code500
TimeThu Feb 02 2017 12:07:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1082

PowerBI PowerPoint Pic.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Mike,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are actively working on fixing issues and would really like to help.

Can you tell us what was changed since it used to work? Anything about the datasets the report is using?

As for print (to PDF) feature, this is not the correct thread.

Please contact us at our support email directly mpbisup@microsoft.com and I promise will work with you directly.

Regards,

- ron

Highlighted

Hi there,

New to this forum and relatively new to PowerBI. I have a dashboard created by a colleague. I'm really keen to get this dashboard imported into a POwerpoint presentation. The issue I have come across is that having changed the dashboard by selecting a different Fiscal Year, for example, if I then try and export the view I have on my screen, what actually gets exported is the default dashboard.

Can you help?

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted

Hi Tim,

Thanks for raching out. 

Indeed, currently the Power Point integration preview, only exports the saved state of hte report.

It is in our backlog to support export of session level changes to hte report.

Thanks,

Ella

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@rongi @tzvikei

Is there any chance to change the page format of the exported power point?

At the moment it looks like it is generic 16:9 format, even if I have a 4:3 ratio for the Power BI reporting sheet.

Any ideas how to set 4:3 as the standard PPTX export format?

Highlighted

There is no such an option. But you can make a 4:3-format (or whatever you want) template in PowerPoint and save it as template (.potx) or (.potm with macro) and just copy all pages from exported file to the template. It worked for me. You can have Background or logo etc. too.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This is a great feature if PBI team can get it to work.  I only was able to make it work on one of 20+ reports we have.  This is unfortuate as this would be another feature that can differtiate MSFT from other cloud BI venders.  It doesn't seem enough testing was done before making it available (even as preview).  It's like stating MSFT made a electric car, but only works for driver weighing 80 lbs, no other passengers, only can go straight, and only for 10 miles....great initiative, but please finish it.  

Highlighted

On the web site, under File, select "Export to PowerPoint", export to PowerPoint dialog box startes and circles for 3-4 mins.; Then nothing??? no download at bottom of screen; no error message; no indication of where the PP file is??   Anyone have any idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors