Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

trk26
Frequent Visitor

Export to PDF only produces default settings

Recently, our company has been experiencing issues with exporting reports to pdf in the service.  We will select a filtered option on the report and then export to pdf only to have the pdf be produced with the default filter appearing.  We ensure the "export with current values" is selected as well.  This has not been the case in the past and has all of a sudden started to happen to multiple people.  Does anyone one have insight as to why this may be happening?

13 REPLIES 13
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trk26 

Do you mean the filter doesn't apply when you export the pdf? I just tested on my side, and it works well on my side. could you please kindly share your dummy pbix that I can test it further?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Thanks for your response @v-diye-msft .  Yes, the filter doesn't apply when we export the pdf.  I have submitted a support ticket as well (ticket # 119100921001016).  Can you let me know where I can upload my pbix so you can test it.

Hi @trk26 

You might consider creating a pbix file that will contain some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to mask the confidential info before.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently started experiencing the exact same thing. Even when "current values" is selected, the default values are shown in the export.

@Anonymous  I was not able to reproduce the issue when I was speaking with the Microsoft support team this afternoon. They stated if this occurs again, I should export from Power BI Desktop.  This is not the preferred method for us, but will have to be my solution if the problem arises again.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately that's not an option for us. I personally could, but the vast majority of our users do not have Desktop. They access reports solely via apps and need this option available within the service.

Did you get any resolution with the export to pdf issue?  My users are also experiencing the same problem - when they export to pdf, the current values are not being exported.  I am going to open a ticket with Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we're still experiencing the issue. I submitted a ticket with MS support back on the 10th, but have not received any help as of yet.

Thanks,

Matt

I received a message from Microsoft saying they have identified the issue but it will take 4 weeks to move to fix into Production.

Thanks,

M

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I have not heard that yet, but passed it along to the rep I'm dealing with as well for confirmation.

Thanks for the quick response! I have just submitted a ticket to Microsoft so I will let you know if I find out a resolution.  Kind regards,

@AnonymousI completely understand.  If you end up submitting a support ticket and they are able to resolve, I'd love to hear the resolution.  They were prompt and responded to me within the day.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have not heard of anyone else having this issue.

What I would suggest is to log a support ticket, for the Power BI engineers to investigate.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors