Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BBIUser
Helper IV
Helper IV

Export to PDF from Power BI Service?

Hi,

' Export to PDF' feature in Power BI Desktop works well.

I also tried the 'Save as PDF' from the "Print" (Print current page) File menu.

I did make sure that these two things should be set before 'Save as PDF'.

1) View > Fit to page in Power BI Service (to avoid the scroll bar in the PDF)

2) In Print > 'Save as PDF', select 'Background graphics' to retain the images and background colors used in the report. 

PDFS.png

But the problem is there are lot of extra space apart from the actual page size. If I set it back to 'Fit to width', the 'Save as PDF' will have a scroll bar. Also, I see the tiles move from actual set pixel during this effort.

Is there any workaround for these issues?

Anything in the pipleline for 'Export to PDF' from Power BI Service like one in Power BI Desktop?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BBIUser,

I can reproduce your issue. However, by now there's no such option in power bi service which can let user export to pdf file perfectly. I would recommend you to use this feature in power bi desktop.

In addtion, you can vote for this idea to help power bi to make more improvement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Sure. Thanks for the reply Jimmy Tao.

For Power BI Product Team,

Actually, it should be the other way around.

Most of the Clients and Users prefer Power BI Service having 'Export to PDF' more than the Power BI Desktop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BBIUser,

I can reproduce your issue. However, by now there's no such option in power bi service which can let user export to pdf file perfectly. I would recommend you to use this feature in power bi desktop.

In addtion, you can vote for this idea to help power bi to make more improvement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Sure. Thanks for the reply Jimmy Tao.

For Power BI Product Team,

Actually, it should be the other way around.

Most of the Clients and Users prefer Power BI Service having 'Export to PDF' more than the Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors