Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KlausW
Regular Visitor

Export to Excel - removing two first rows and rename sheet

When exporting summarized data from a report visual to Excel, the first two rows show the filtering applied followed by a blank row. Is there any way to automatically omit these first two rows in the exported Excel file, i.e. without having to do it afterwards in the file manually or through a macro?

And the name of the resulting Excel sheet is automatically set as Sheet1. Is there a way to have this come out with another sheet name, without having to do it manually afterwards?

Would be greatly thankful for any good suggestions. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KlausW,

What I mean is currently above requirements are not achievable now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

is  this still unachievable.. ???

meng1313
Frequent Visitor

This comes up as Solved in google, but this isn't a solution.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KlausW,

Is there any way to automatically omit these first two rows in the exported Excel file, i.e. without having to do it afterwards in the file manually or through a macro?

Is there a way to have this come out with another sheet name, without having to do it manually afterwards?

Unfortunately, there is no supported way to achieve above requirements automatically.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi again, and thanks for your response.  When you say "there is no supported way to achieve above requirements automatically", does this mean that there could possibly be some "unsupported" way" to achieve the equired Excel output formatting?

Hi @KlausW,

What I mean is currently above requirements are not achievable now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hi again, and thanks. That't too bad, and it would be great if that could be implemented in later versions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors