Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

landraak
Frequent Visitor

Export to Excel from table having columns with the same name does not work

I have a report I have used for a long time, and it stopped working a week back or so. The report only contains a table with columns, where some of the columns have the same name. I only use it for Export to Excel, so that I can manipulate it before sending it back in a new report in Power BI.

There is a bug now that "truncate" all duplicate columns. Etc. I have these column in the report (table):

Given name

Last name

Address

Company

Address

When selecting Export data to Excel (top right corner of the table), only these columns show up in the Exported Excel file:

Given name

Last name

Address

Company

The last column Address does not occur in the final exported Excel file.

4 REPLIES 4
Standef
Helper I
Helper I

Hi everyone,

Picking up a 2017 thread here but I'm having exactly the same issue. I'm trying to export a long table in which I've included Empty Columns (fillled with nulls) so that it's easier for the reader to understand; but once exported to excel, only the first empty column appears and all the rest is packed.

Could anyone find a turnaroud to this?

Thanks a lot! 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @landraak,

According to your descriptions above, I have just tested it on my environment. The export to Excel option on table visual works all fine for me without this issue.

r3.PNGr4.PNG

If the issue persists on your side, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy 

Regards

For your information, I am using the Power BI Service, not Power BI Desktop.

Hi @landraak,

I also tested with the Power BI Service, not Power BI Desktop. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors