Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AJose
Helper I
Helper I

Export the entire content of a table or Matrix from Power BI

Hi,

Is there a way to export the entire content of a table or Matrix visual from Power BI? In the report I am showing the table with lesser height (only 5 rows displayed at any time) so that a scroll bar is required to see the remaining data. But when i export to PDF I need to get the entire rows in the table to be displayed. In the case of matrix, when i export i need to get the entire columns to be displayed.

Thanks in Advance

7 REPLIES 7
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AJose ,

If you export the report to PDF, it will be shown as same as the visual in Power BI.

You may export it as .csv file or take a look at analyze in excel feature if you want to export the underlying data.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-analyze-in-excel 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amikm
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @AJose,

Whenever you will export the data as a PDF or PPT, you will get the visual as shown in Power BI. You will get a scroll if your visual has(as it is a snapshot or image as a PDF/PPT format). If you don't want the scroll and want to see all the columns better you can increase the page size and page width then export.

If you are trying to export from the Power BI service then you can export summarised data and underlying data. CSV file has some row limit as well (see below screenshot)

export.png

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @AJose ,

There are row limits when exporting and you have to have the tenant settings allowing you to export.   Also,  when you export you may need to select "underlying data" as well (again,  assuming permissions).

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thank You for the quick response. I am looking for the export with the formatted data (the same format I applied to the table/Matrix columns). With Underlying data, i guess only row data will be displayed. Thanks

Hi @AJose ,

I do not believe that there is any to keep the exact formatting.  I think that the export functionality to the output format has its own set of instructions and is more concerned about data than formatting.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi,

I am looking for an export to PDF/PPT with all the data in a table/matrix visual shown like the one in SSRS 'Export to PDF'.

Thanks

Hi @AJose ,

As you may know, you can export a Report PAGE to PDF.  At this time, there is no way to export a specific visual to PDF.  That functionality is still in the Report Builder and SSRS only.  Perhaps you can search if there is an idea for this already and/or create your own idea.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors