Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bpasol
Frequent Visitor

Export published workbook

I've published a basic Excel to a Power BI Workspace and now I am trying to re-export it, but I cannot figure out a way to do so. Please note that the Edit button is greyed out/ not available. 

Any idea why this is happening? Is it an issue?

Thanks!

2019-09-13_17-09-34.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @bpasol 

If the excel is stored in Onedrive or sharepoint and then you connect it and uploaded it in power bi, you could edit it.

5.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-files-in-app-workspace-onedrive-for-bus...

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @bpasol 

If the excel is stored in Onedrive or sharepoint and then you connect it and uploaded it in power bi, you could edit it.

5.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-files-in-app-workspace-onedrive-for-bus...

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lili6-msft! That was it.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It is my understanding that once uploaded it is read only and cannot be edited via Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

That could be the case, but what confuses me is that Edit option. Feels like I'm missing something. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors