Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Prakash_31
Frequent Visitor

Export large dataset using Power automate from Power BI service to share point

Hi all,

I would like to export a dataset (i.e.,Dataset need to be export directly from PowerBI service to sharepoint) which is pulled from multiple sources like Sql Server, Sales forces, Share point,Anaplan and so on.
The interesting thing about dataset is import mode and file size was around more than 600MB. And this dataset holds many Calculate tables and physical table and the hard part was there's one calculate table was created with the help of 17 tables by union function through Dax moreover data is almost morethan 1 million . 
So here is the question, To export this entire dataset (i.e., Though i said that particular Calculate Table got used by 17 tables and few of them are original and remaining again calculated table which means this table is interconnected with many other calculated table) i have used a power automate but, its pulled only limited data approx 35k rows of records. But im looking for All the data(it above million).

Is there any Possible way to pull entire records to sharepoint? Please can anyone help? 

5 REPLIES 5
R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

building something that does DAX Evaluates using the REST API?

anyway I see it has many limitations in terms of amount of data to export in 1 call

Datasets - Execute Queries - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Sattar

You may use a Power Automate like below
1- Identify the number of Pages you need to export

2- Loop until you process all pages

3- Query The dataset and select 5000 items in each run

4- Collect the result in a CSV 

5- Store the result in a SharePoint site.

Sattar_0-1675547564647.png

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Prakash_31 

I am not sure of any other way.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Prakash_31
Frequent Visitor

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thanks for your reply,i tried it but i got limited rows only.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Prakash_31 

I dont think that you can export this via Power Automate as there are limitations using the Export API settings.

If you want to export all the data and it is a once off you could try using DAX Studio

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors